Seven National PhD Holders join UAEU Faculty
The United Arab Emirates University received a new group of Faculty Members who obtained their PhD degrees in various academic specializations within the Teaching Assistants Program.
Dr. Abdullah Saad Al Khanbashi, UAEU Vice Chancellor, welcomed the new National faculty members in the presence of Dr. Ahmed bin Touq, Teaching Assistants Supervisor.
“I would like first to welcome all [new National Faculty] and to convey the greetings and best wishes of H.H. Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and UAEU Chancellor, for [their] achievements in obtaining academic degrees from renowned universities,” Dr. Al Khanbashi said.
He continued: “[the new National faculty] represent an additional value to the national skills and cadres of National faculty members at UAEU, bringing forward the Emiratization program of senior administration in the University, in both academic and administrative regards,” in line with the directive from H.H. the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Chancellor of the University; in fact, “the University followed this strategic approach since its inception.”
The Vice Chancellor stressed the university administration is proud of this achievement and that it will spare no effort to coordinate and facilitate the new National faculty members’ integration into the academic and research-driven initiatives already underway.
On their part, the new faculty members expressed their pride in joining the UAEU community and they said that they are grateful and stressed their support to comprehensive development in all areas.
Dr. Fekri Kharbash, PhD in Computer Engineering from Missouri University, USA, recently joined the Faculty of IT and is currently taking a new responsibility to transfer his academic and practical experience to his students in order to increase their academic achievement.
Dr. Saif Al Shiaali, who obtained PhD in Information Technology from the University of Southampton, UK, stressed that he will be a great support for his students to help them perform their tasks and duties to the best expectations and aspirations.
Dr. Ahmed Al Zuaabi, who obtained a PhD in Commercial Law from Kansas University, USA, said that his ambition didn't end at this stage, but rather just began with new ideas to benefit students in the Faculty of Law.
Dr. Khaled Abdulrahman Al Awadi, PhD holder in Architectural Engineering from Kansas University, USA, said that he owes an academic right and a national commitment towards his homeland and community indicating that he will exert more effort along with his colleagues to enhance the level of students in their studies to meet the aspirations of UAE society.
The new National Faculty Members are:
1. Dr. Ahmed Mohamed Khamis Al Zuaabi, PhD in Commercial Law, Faculty of Law.
2. Dr. Saif Khalifa Rashid Al Shiaali, PhD in Management Information System, Faculty of Business and Economics.
3. Dr. Fikri Qayed Ahmed Kharbash, PhD in Computer Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology.
4. Dr. Ahmed Abdullah Al Farsi, PhD in Networking, Faculty of Information Technology.
5. Dr. Asmaa Abu Bakr Al Minhali, PhD in Biology, Faculty of Science.
6. Dr. Ghada Hassan Mohamed Murshedi, PhD in English Language Teaching Instructions, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
7. Dr. Khaled Abdel Rahman Al Awadi, PhD in Architectural Engineering, Faculty of Engineering.
Notes to Editors
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
- 21st Century research-based university, providing research solutions to support the UAE and, through its global partners, the wider world
- Founded in 1976 by HH Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan; the UAE's first national university
- Chancellor: His Highness Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Nine Faculties:
- Business & Economics
- Food & Agriculture
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Technology
- Medicine & Health Science
- 12,500 students enrolled in Fall 2011/2012
- First PhD program in UAE national institution commenced in January 2010
- Strong focus on providing specific research solutions and benefits to society − the new model of a 21st Century university, furthering research as part of the global network of discovery and innovation
- Ranked 338 worldwide by the QS Ranking of International Universities