UAEU and Ningxia University, China, sign a Memorandum of Understanding for Academic Cooperation
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been signed between Ningxia University, People's Republic of China, and United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) on Academic Cooperation between the two institutions.
Dr. Abdullah Saad Al Khanbashi, UAEU Vice Chancellor, and Mr. He Jianguo, President of Ningxia University, entered into this historic agreement in the presence of Dr. Mohamed Baili, Dean of UAEU Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, and the honoured Chinese delegation accompanying the President of the Chinese University.
The MOU is effective for three years and includes conducting academic research between UAEU Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and its counterpart in the Chinese University, with exchange visits planned between the faculty members and students from the two parties, as well as organizing joint seminars and conferences.
The MOU also focused on the Arabic Language. Dr. Mohamed Al Baili said that the Faculty intends to build a positive relationship through a delegation of students headed by the Chair of the Arabic Language Department to explore the available academic capabilities in the Chinese University in teaching methodologies and instructional technologies, particularly because Chinese scholars use various innovative ways and methods to learn Arabic Language and literature.
Dr. Al Baili added: "According to this MOU, an academic committee shall be formed from both parties to oversee and coordinate the students exchange and the expansion of teaching Arabic language among the students of both universities."
On this memorable occasion the two parties exchanged souvenirs, and the UAEU Dean of Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences escorted the Chinese guest and his delegation in a visit to UAEU Faculty academic departments and facilities in the new campus in the Crescent Building, among them the University Libraries Deanship where the delegation was briefed on the role played by the Library to enrich the teaching development and to support research at UAEU.
Notes to Editors
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
- 21st Century research-based university, providing research solutions to support the UAE and, through its global partners, the wider world
- Founded in 1976 by HH Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan; the UAE's first national university
- Chancellor: His Highness Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Nine Faculties:
- Business & Economics
- Food & Agriculture
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Technology
- Medicine & Health Science
- 12,500 students enrolled in Fall 2011/2012
- First PhD program in UAE national institution commenced in January 2010
- Strong focus on providing specific research solutions and benefits to society − the new model of a 21st Century university, furthering research as part of the global network of discovery and innovation
- Ranked 338 worldwide by the QS Ranking of International Universities