UAE University Students Win First Place in the Youth Media Leadership Program
His Excellency Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research and Chancellor of the UAE University honored students from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (FHSS) on last Monday at the Emirates Palace for winning first place in the Youth Media Leadership Program, among other participating students from various UAE universities.
Students were honored during the launching of the Abu Dhabi Festival for 2012 in the presence of Her Excellency Huda Al Khamis Kanoo, Abu Dhabi Group Foundation for Arts and Culture, along with ministers and ambassadors as well as prominent artistic and media personalities. The United Arab Emirates University was represented by his Excellency, Vice Chancellor, Dr. Abdulla Al Khanbashi, the Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Dr. Mohammed Al Baili, and Dr. Suad Al Marzouqi, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs.
Among those honored in the ceremony were students from the Mass Communication Department: Hassan Murad Balochi, Khawla Nu’aimi, Raneem Balochi and Mona Hammoudi. A group of drama students from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences were also honored during the ceremony.
Students were distinguished in their news coverage and editing. They were also distinguished in the quality of their presentation to the Youth Media Leadership Program for their website. Above all, UAE University students excelled, among other well known media participants, in their performance and their commitment to attending the workshops and other various activities organized by Abu Dhabi Group Foundation for Arts and Culture.
Notes to Editors
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
- 21st Century research-based university, providing research solutions to support the UAE and, through its global partners, the wider world
- Founded in 1976 by HH Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan; the UAE's first national university
- Chancellor: His Highness Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Nine Faculties:
- Business & Economics
- Food & Agriculture
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Technology
- Medicine & Health Science
- 12,500 students enrolled in Fall 2011/2012
- First PhD program in UAE national institution commenced in January 2010
- Strong focus on providing specific research solutions and benefits to society − the new model of a 21st Century university, furthering research as part of the global network of discovery and innovation
- Ranked 338 worldwide by the QS Ranking of International Universities