United Arab Emirates University launched “UAEU Mobile APP”
Under the Patronage of His Excellence Dr. Abdullah al Khanbashi, The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) has extended its vision of transforming education and learning through innovation and mobile computing by launching the first true native Mobile Application developed in-house to bring real-time academic services and information to the mobile devices.
The UAEU Mobile Application provides students, faculty, and staff full access in real-time to class schedule, current course grade, attendance status, academic calendar, current GPA, campus announcements, campus maps, paystubs, contacts, and many more information directly from their smart phones anytime and anywhere.
Commenting on the latest deployment, Afraa Al Shamsi, Chief Information Officer at UAEU, said, “At UAEU, we are committed to equip our academic community with the right tools that can enhance productivity, motivation and educational experience. UAEU’s mobile solutions are geared to support the academic requirements of UAEU and provide students and academic staff with enhanced mobility and flexibility. We are delighted to launch UAEU Mobile App and this innovative application will enrich all aspects of the education by engaging and assessing students, making their daily lives more convenient and helping the university to accomplish an unmatched teaching and learning experience.”
Students, faculties, and staff can download the UAEU Mobile app for free from within their own devices. UAEU Mobile App is currently available as a native application for Android™, BlackBerry®, as well as the Apple® iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®.
“This innovative initiative made UAEU to be one of the first institutes of higher education in the region that has developed a real-time Mobile Application that is integrated with the institution’s Enterprise Systems and the greatest benefit derived from this solution is communication, followed by student learning, faculty teaching, and collaboration among students and faculty in the learning environment.” said Dr. Mahdi Ismail – Manager business Application.
In its effort to provide a high-quality and convenient learning environment, UAEU will continue and even accelerate this trend by introducing and developing more campus wide native mobile applications in coming future.
Media Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
- 21st Century research-based university, providing research solutions to support the UAE and, through its global partners, the wider world
- Founded in 1976 by HH Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan; the UAE’s first national university
- Chancellor: His Highness Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Ranked # 338 in the 2011/2012 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings
- Nine faculties:
- Business & Economics
- Food & Agriculture
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Technology
- Medicine & Health Science
- 12,279 students enrolled in 2010/11
- First PhD program in UAE national institution commenced in 2009
- Strong focus on providing specific research solutions and benefits to society − the new model of a 21st Century university, furthering research as part of the global network of discovery and innovation
# # #