Bachelor of Science in Physics
The Department of Physics offers a rich and comprehensive program of study leading to the B.S. degree in Physics. The department aims at the training and graduating of specialists in physics to meet the manpower need for the country's development. The Department offers a well-designed and updated physics curriculum enabling the graduates to participate effectively in their work place or continue their postgraduate studies and conduct research. Physics students are required to take additional courses in mathematics, science, general education, and information technology to further develop their knowledge, background, and skills.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts and theories in various fields of physics.
- Disciplinary skills, abilities and competencies.
- The right attitude and correct behavior towards Learning and National priorities.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain qualitatively the basic concepts of physics.
- Express physical concepts mathematically
- Integrate the acquired knowledge of various physical disciplines
- Apply mathematical skills to solve physical problems correctly.
- Use skills in experimental physics to apply physical concepts.
- Demonstrate computational Physics solving skills and the capable use of information technology.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Engage in research activities related to national interests.
- Work effectively, responsibly, and ethically in team-oriented projects.
- Think critically and logically.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 120 hours
General Education (Req. CH:39)
Cluster 1: Values to Live By - Islam (3.00 hours)
Cluster 2: Skills for Life - English Communication Skills (3.00 hours)
|ESPU102||Introduction to Academic English For Science||3.000|
Cluster 2: Skills for Life - Information Literacy (3.00 hours)
Cluster 3: The Human Community - Emirates Society (3.00 hours)
Cluster 3: The Human Community - Social and Behavioral Sciences (3.00 hours)
|PSY313||Educational Psychology 2||3.000|
2 : Also counts towards the Major
Cluster 4: The Natural World - Mathematics (3.00 hours)
|MATH105||Calculus I 3||3.000|
3 : Also counts towards the Major
Cluster 5: Capstone Experience (3.00 hours)
|PHYS494||Research Project 5||3.000|
5 : Also counts towards the Major
Free Electives (6.00 hours)