Vision, Mission, Goals & Values
The CETL will enable and support educators to innovate and thereby provide a teaching
and learning environment that prepares UAEU students for life beyond university.
To help the university to ensure a dynamic and effective learning experience for all
UAEU students by providing educators with professional development and support in
educational technology, pedagogy and classroom teaching techniques, by encouraging
and facilitating innovation, and by ensuring that assessment is an integral part of
implementing new developments in teaching and learning.
- Professional Development
- Community of Educators
- Teaching Excellence
- Up-to-date Instructional Technologies
- Assist, promote, and support faculty in developing and enhancing innovative teaching
pedagogies and instructional technologies.
- Collaborate with colleges and other university units to support UAEU’s smart teaching
and learning initiatives.
- Strengthen the CETL’s role as a collaborative, mentoring and faculty engagement resource.
- Conduct and communicate research into the assessment of the effectiveness of various
teaching practices and innovations.