1. What are the Library’s open hours?
Library hours depend on time of the year, such as Regular Semester, Summer Semester, Ramadan, etc. It is best to see the current hours in our library hour’s web page at http://www.library.uaeu.ac.ae/en/libraryhours.shtml .
2. Can the general community (non-UAEU) use the library?
Yes, the general community (non-UAEU) may use the library during appropriate male/female timings (see http://www.library.uaeu.ac.ae/en/libraryhours.shtml). If you wish to borrow any books, you can apply for Community User Membership, which requires a deposit and registration fee. For more information, please contact the Circulation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 03-713-4684/03-713-4678.
3. How many books may I check out?
Depending on user type, you may borrow up to the following number of general books with varying loan periods (exceptions are Special Collections, American Corner, Reserves, Multimedia, etc.):
|User Type||No. of Items||Loan Period|
|UAEU Bachelor Student||6||21 days|
|UAEU Master/PhD Student||10||120 days|
|UAEU Faculty Member||20||120 days|
|UAEU Staff Member||5||21 days|
|Community User||5||21 days|
|LIWA Consortium Member (ZU or HCT)||3||14 days|
4. How do I get clearance from the Library?
You should first make sure your library record is clear (all books are returned, and any fines/fees are paid) by contacting the Circulation desk staff:
1. By email request at: email@example.com
2. By telephone at 03-713-4684/03-713-4678
3. Onsite at the Circulation Desk
4. Then come to the library to finalize any actions and to get your clearance form signed by the librarian.
5. Why is my PIN not working?
You will need to set your own PIN for the first time you use it, after which you can modify your PIN. Please follow these steps:
1. Go to library homepage at www.library.uaeu.ac.ae
2. Choose Library Services and select “Faculty and Graduate Students”
3. Click on “Renew Books.” When the login screen appears, enter your ID Barcode and current PIN and Submit.
4. If you need to modify your PIN, click on the “Modify” button and follow the instructions.
5. If you have lost or forgotten your PIN, please contact the Circulation staff at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 03-713-4684/03-713-4678.
6. I cannot access the e-resources, even though I entered my user name and password. What do I need to do?
Please make sure that you are using the correct email username (without the extension ‘@uaeu.ac.ae’) and your password.