Pilot Scale Irrigation Device - Palm Trees
- To find the necessary amount of water that allows date palms to produce 100 % of yield.
- To find the yield – water supply relationship for the establishment of deficit irrigation
The experiment delivers the following data:
- Climate boundary (radiation, temp. hum., wind)
- Water supply for each palm
- In situ measurement of soil water potential at different depths
- In situ measurement of soil water content at different depths
- In situ sap flow measurements
The data is used for the establishment of a date palm model which will enable the
setup of water saving date palm irrigation schemes and schedules.