How to install PowerPoint Templates
UAEU PowerPoint templates are customized based on UAEU brand and identity. You can download one or more of
these templates to your computer for teaching and administrative presentations. To
be able to install these templates in your Microsoft PowerPoint application, you will
need to follow these steps (Office 2007 and 2010):
- Download the PowerPoint template file (potx) and save it to your desktop
- Copy the template file from your desktop to the template folder under your profile.Your
profile folder may vary depends on the Operating System:
- Windows 7 and Vista : "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\"
- Windows XP : "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates"
Make sure to replace UserName in the previous folder names with your own username.
Also, sometimes, the profile folder is stored on other drives instead of C drive.
You must be an Administrator on the computer you are using in order to install the
On Mac, the templates folder is "Applications folder/Microsoft Office/Templates/My
To start using the new template:
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint Application
- From the File tab, choose New and then click on My Templates and you will see any
saved templates listed there.
- Once you have selected a template, you can save it as a Theme. From the Design tab,
click the dropdown arrow to display all the themes, then click Save Current Theme.
Give it a name and from then on, it will be available among the other themes.