WPU Training Page
Welcome to our Training Home. We support and train UAEU Projects, Groups and Departments how to use:
- Website (aka LCMS) - our first choice program for institutional web site creation
- my.uaeu Portal - our primary UAEU wide internal web portal
- Resources for Web Site Best Practice - how to improve users' experience by writing a clear message, planning well, using redundency and images eg icons, usability and more.
Ways to Learn More
- Online Learning - At our Main Training Site. Use our specially designed flash videos, pdfs and web pages to help you learn more
- Request a Face-Face Session - Email us to learn more about Team Workshops, Coaching or Starting New Website Projects
- News & Tips - see the right hand side of our WPU web pages for News and Tips
- Email Support - Contact Us with your query or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org We will normally respond within 1-36 hours.
- More Orientation and Training PowerPoint slideshows and other project files
- University IT Center Website - myuaeu Portal and Website Management Systems (Frontpage & LCMS)
- Telephone Support - You can also call us for advice or troubleshooting. See the numbers on the left hand side of this page.
Arrange a Training Session or Workshop
We run regular training, demonstration and planning sessions on the following modules and topics.
- What is your site for?: Objectives, conflicts, Users and Management Expectations
- Luminis CMS: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Workshop, Follow Up, Development & Support
- Microsoft Front Page: Basic / Intermediate, Workshop, Follow Up, Development & Support
- Web Brand Identity: Guidelines, Migration, Workshop, Follow Up
- CMS Migration: Brand, CMS, Automated, Manual, Workshop, Follow Up
- Web best practices: Usability, Accessibility, Readability, Navigability, F-Shaped reading, Scrolling, Inverse pyramids
- Web graphics & images: Basic, Intermediate, Development & Support
- Web File Management: Labelling and Organisation for sites, news sections, galleries etc, by date or content
- Web Workflows: Requests, development, testing, approvals, go live, post live testing and promotion (includes webtest platform for CMS/Front Page sites)
- Web Site Management: Building Teams, Coordination, Duties, Approvals, Testing, Go Live
- myUAEU Portal Training: Introduction, Groups Basic, Groups Advanced, Groups Leaders, Channels and Tabs, Channel Development, Calendars, Announcements)
- English and Arabic Publishing: (Site Studio, Front PAge or new CMS 2011)
- Intranet: Planning, Promotion, Development and Support - coming in 2011-12
- Media Library/Archive images, video, other - coming in 2011-12
- Online or eForms: Planning, development and use - coming in 2011-12
- Content Development & Collection: Basic, content, Advanced content, coordination, approvals and publishing workflow
- Service Oriented Sites: audiences, navigation and usability, usefulness, non service oriented pages, coordination, content and responses