Department of Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship
Faculty & Staff
Welcome to the Department of Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship (ITE).Our Department combines the subject areas of Marketing, Supply Chain and Entrepreneurship, to deliver on key aspects of innovation, helping students and business keep pace with the high tech world around us.Through our expertise, we contribute high impact research making contributions to a diverse array of fields of national and international interest, such as entrepreneurial ecosystems, disruptive technological meaning and measurement and smart mobility and logistics.
We facilitate co-operation between key players in the field, the business community, institutions of knowledge and civil society – thus creating a ‘knowledge exchange hub’. We do this both informally and formally in our courses and outreach – we also do it across the University, particularly through our Minor in Entrepreneurship.
Our distinguished Faculty members are involved in teaching a variety of business courses in the Bachelor of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA), and have supervised the dissertations of a number of Emirati business leaders and CEO’s of major Ministries and Corporations.Outside the classroom, our student clubs are vibrant and active and these work as a bridge between students, academics, graduates and the business world. If you are a student looking for a satisfying present and an exciting future; an academic looking to join an active research faculty; or someone looking to make a difference – come, join us!
Dr. Louise Chalkley
Chair of Department of Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship (ITE)
To foster entrepreneurship and stimulating technology-driven innovation via:
- Entrepreneurship Learning trajectories
- Incubators and other pathways to accelerators
- Gradual development of sub-hubs with other Colleges
- Connectivity to Eco-Systems in the UAE (and abroad where relevant)
- Mobile FabLab and Outreach program
- Focus on technology and innovation management and the transition from technological development / invention to innovation and value creation;
- Business model innovation underpinned by technology;
- Platform economy, shared economy, and business development in the digital economy.
- Special focus might be defined in relation with development priorities of the country (e.g., blockchain).
Our Department brings together an interdisciplinary group of researchers working across a diverse set of disciplines, utilizing a wide range of methodologies and contributing to a wide array of publications.
Research in the department is of the highest standard, with faculty members regularly publishing in top international journals such as: Transport Research – Part A, the International Journal of Hospitality Management, European Journal of Operational Research, Industrial Marketing Management, the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Journal of Business Research, Education and Training, the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, the Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Business Strategy and the Environment, Long Range Planning, the Journal of Enterprise Information Management, the International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Logistics Research and Application, International Journal of Production Research, Computers and Industrial Engineering, Computers and Operations Research, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, International Journal of Tourism Research, Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Consumer Marketing, International Journal of Advertising, Annals of Operations Research, IISE Transactions, Journal of Operational Research Society among others. Our Faculty work with many other disciplines, across the social and pure sciences, into engineering and prototyping, tourism and logistics, family business and computer operations.
Faculty in the Department are associated with a number of international journals. Professor Riyad Eid is the Editor in Chief of the International Journal of Customer Relationship Marketing and the International Journal of Disruptive Innovation in Government (Emerald UK, in association with the Prime Minister's Office at the Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates); Doctors Maqsood Sandhu, Bronwyn P Wood and Maysam AlAbaddi are the Associate Editors of the Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, the International Journal of Islamic Marketing and Branding and Associate Practice Editor: The International Journal of Economics and Administrative Science, respectively. Faculty also sit on a number of Editorial Boards – Doctors Youssef Boulaksil on the International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications and Bronwyn P Wood on the Journal of Islamic Marketing and the Journal of Halal Services Marketing.
ITE members are particularly active in research and collaborations in the following areas:
- Innovation through value co-creation; ethics, corporate social responsibility and responsible management education; innovation and food security; branding, social networking and value creation
- Adoption of new technologies; the new meaning of disruptive change; measurement of disruptive innovation
- Digital marketing; digital transformation for enabling innovation;
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Family business; women’s entrepreneurship; entrepreneurial ecosystems and process of practice; pedagogic approaches to encourage student start ups
- Methodological approaches to business, entrepreneurship and marketing; Islamic methodology; philosophy, theory and practice
- Smart Mobility and Logistics; operations management and logistics
We welcome students and faculty who are interested in researching or collaborating in these areas to contact us to discuss what is possible.
Note: If calling from outside the UAEU organization, dial (+971 3 713) before the extension.
Note: Users outside the UAEU organization should dial (+971 3 713) before the extension.
|Dr. Louise Chalkley||Chair, Dept. of Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurshipfirstname.lastname@example.org||5387|
|Fatima Al Breiki||Secretary, Dept. of Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurshipemail@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship. We welcome your query and encourage you to contact us using the information below:
College of Business & Economics,
United Arab Emirates University,
P.O.Box 15551, Al Ain, UAE
Phone: + 971 3 713 5231
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها