Profiles of Doctorate Dissertations
Research Relevance and Potential Impact
This research is very relevant and timely. The goal is to form trust relationships between
vehicles through similarity and utilize this relationship to enhance the performance and
reliability of VANET applications. By establishing a trust measure between vehicles, it would be
more reliable to execute dependable applications. The research approach is clearly described,
and the relevant models and analyses are presented clearly. We focus on VANETs safety
applications because of their criticality and the challenges they present.
• Al Falasi, H., & Zhang, L. (2011, March). Modeling and Justification of the Store and Forward
Protocol: Covert Channel Analysis. In the Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on
Information Warfare and Security (p. 8).
• Al Falasi, H., &Barka, E. (2011, April). Revocation in VANETs: A survey. In 2011 International
Conference on Innovations in Information Technology (IIT), (pp. 214219-).
• Al Falasi, H., & Mohamed, N. (2013, April). The impact of trust on vehicular applications. In
2013 6th Joint IFIP Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference (WMNC), (pp. 14-).
• Al Falasi, H., & Mohamed, N. (2013, September). Preference-Based Trust Rules for Group
Formation in VANETs. In 2013 Fifth International Conference on Computational Intelligence,
Modelling and Simulation (CIMSim), (pp. 333338-).
• Al Falasi, H. A., Masud, M. M., & Mohamed, N. (2015, June). Trusting the same: Using
similarity to establish trust among vehicles. In International Conference on Collaboration
Technologies and Systems (CTS), 2015 (pp. 6469-).
• Al Falasi, H., El-Syed, H., & Mohamed, N. (2015, November). Similarity-based Trust
Management System: Data Validation Scheme. In Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS), 2015.
• Al Falasi, H., & Mohamed, N. (2015, December). Similarity-based Trust Management System
for Detecting Fake Safety Messages in VANETs. In the International Conference on Internet of
Vehicles (IOV), 2015.
To raise information security awareness wherever possible.