Admission Criteria (General)
a) The minimum requirements for admission to the PhD program are:
- A Master’s degree from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of
Higher Education and Scientific Research, in an area appropriate to the academic area
to which application is being made.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in the Master’s degree
earned at an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and
- A score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines
in which the main language of instruction is English or where the dissertation must
be written in English. This test score must be less than two years old at the time
- In addition to the above, applicants are requested to take the Graduate Record Examination
(GRE) and submit the official score, which will be taken into account in the selection
of applicants for admission. Each College/Program sets its own minimum requirement
for the GRE score.
b) A minimum IELTS score of 5.0 or equivalent is required for admission into
an offering of the PhD Program where the language of instruction is Arabic.
c) Individual Colleges may set additional and/or higher standards for admission
to the PhD Program in the Department/College.
d) All PhD applications must be reviewed and recommended for admission or rejection
by the respective academic Department (or the Executive Committee for an interdisciplinary
program) in one of the Colleges.
e) All PhD applications recommended by a Department must be reviewed and endorsed
by the Doctoral Studies Committee before admission procedures are initiated.
- Completed application form;
- Identity documents as required for Emirati students (copies of passport and Khulasat
Al-Qaid) and international students (copy of passport).
- Two certified copies of official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
(the applicant must arrange for these to be sent directly to the Office of the Assistant
Dean of the relevant College);
- An official copy of the applicant’s score on the IELTS exam or equivalent (the applicant
must arrange for this to be sent directly to the Office of the Assistant Dean of the
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals familiar with the student’s academic
Courses & Fees
Click here to view the latest programs and fees.