Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
The bachelor of veterinary medicine program is the only one of its kind in the UAE. The program is five year long, after which, graduates will be qualified veterinarians. The student will receive veterinary basic sciences education and intensive clinical training sorted by animal species and specialized discipline.
- To enable the veterinary students to acquire knowledge, practical skills, and experience needed for a qualified veterinarian.
- To enforce evidence base veterinary medicine and problem oriented problem solving methods.
- To graduate veterinarians capable of providing superior animal health care, including disease investigation and prevention, at the individual and herd or flock level.
- To meet the growing national needs for qualified veterinarians in the public and private sectors.
- To demonstrate the achievement of the PLOs by the graduation time and enable graduates pursue higher academic degrees in veterinary medical sciences or other related sciences.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Implement appropriate health care regimen for individual animals of different species.
- Monitor the health and production of animals at the herd or flock level.
- Apply high standards of public health and food safety.
- Recognize veterinary diseases and the optimal treatment and prevention methods.
- Conduct disease epidemiological investigation and veterinary research using appropriate research methods, ethics procedures, and statistical analysis.
- Communicate technical information effectively with clients, fellow professionals and intended audience.
- Synthesize information from different resources and use information technology to find up-to-date information and manage data.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 152 hours
General Education (Req. CH:39)
Cluster 1: Values to Live By - Islam (3.00 hours)
Cluster 2: Skills for Life - English Communication Skills (3.00 hours)
|ESPU106||Introduction to Academic English For Food & Agriculture||3.000|
Cluster 2: Skills for Life - Information Literacy (3.00 hours)
Cluster 3: The Human Community - Emirates Society (3.00 hours)
Cluster 4: The Natural World - Mathematics (3.00 hours)
|MATH105||Calculus I 1||3.000|
1 : Also counts towards the Major
Cluster 4: The Natural World - Natural Sciences (6.00 hours)
|BIOC100||Basic Biology I||3.000|
|PHYS105||General Physics I 2||3.000|
2 : Also counts towards the Major
Cluster 5: Capstone Experience (3.00 hours)
|VMED580||Senior project 3||3.000|
3 : Also counts towards the Major