Doctor of Medicine
The College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) offers four- year M.D program. The pre- requisite for the program is successful completion of two- year Pre- Medical program offered by CMHS. The MD program integrates basic and clinical sciences through a wide variety of learning opportunities including problem based learning. The curriculum offers candidates some flexibility to undertake extra curricula activities for example in clinical electives abroad. The MD program will prepare graduates who will be skilled, knowledgeable, and compassionate and who can serve the community as a professional and ethical physician. The graduates will be life- long learners and committed to quality healthcare and practice medicine in a patient- centered and multi professional environment. The graduates will also be ready to take up advanced training in various specialties of Medicine.
- Medical Knowledge.
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills.
- Patient Care.
- Practice based learning & Improvement.
- System based practice.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological, and behavioral sciences to solve patient’s medical problems.
- Use communication skills that are effective in the exchange of information and collaboration with patients, their families, and health professionals.
- Demonstrate their abilities in providing patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems.
- Reflect on patient care, appraising scientific evidence, and to continuously improve patient care based on self -evaluation and life-long learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities and an adherence to ethical principles.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 342 hours
General Education (Req CH:46)
Cluster 1: Values to Live By - Islam (3.00 hours)
Cluster 3: The Human Community - Emirates Society (3.00 hours)
Cluster 3: The Human Community - Social and Behavioral Sciences (6.00 hours)
Cluster 3: The Human Community - Humanities/Fine Arts (3.00 hours)
|LITM102||Language and Literacy||3.000|