Since 2002, UAEU Libraries have collaborated with the Libraries of the Zayed University
and the Higher Colleges of Technology. Initially cooperating via a shared library
management system and shared union catalog, this cooperation was strengthened in 2006 by signing a Memorandum of Understanding.
In September 2020, all three parties renewed this consortium agreement to better reflect
the ways in which the libraries and their parent institutions can work together:
The revised objectives include the following:
- Resource sharing via interlibrary loans and document delivery of journal articles,
book chapters and other scholarly content as permitted by copyright law.
- Shared access to library resources such as shared subscription or licence agreement
for scholarly e-resources from publishers and aggregators.
- Knowledge sharing of library developments and technologies.
- Staff development and training; and staff exchange to support the professional development of library staff in each
- Joint promotion and advocacy for funding and resourcing of university libraries in
- Joint negotiation and collaboration with other consortium and network providers.
- Shared off-site storage or physical repository for Emirati and Arab language collections.
- Shared development of information literacy and research support services.
We look forward to working more closely with our partners in these sister institutions.