GOAL 4: Quality Education
Ensure inclusive and Equitable Quality Education and Promote Lifelong Learning Opportunities for all
- UAEU has been listed in record 16 subjects by QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021
- The Centre for Excellence in Teaching & Learning (CETL) – supports the UAEU’s strategic vision and mission by promoting emerging educational technologies and teaching pedagogies among faculty members and instructors. CETL provides its supporting functions using four units: Instructional Design Unit (ID) to oversee the massive online and blended course transformation process that has started in support of implementing smart teaching and learning in UAEU courses. A second unit titled Teaching Scholarship & Assessment Unit (TSA) supports the assessment of teaching and learning effectiveness and efficiency. A third unit in charge of Faculty Professional Development (FPD) which plans, develops, and manages the delivery of workshops, seminars, discussion panels, and forums to promote teaching excellence. The fourth unit in CETL is the Textbooks unit, which manages the digital textbooks provision via UAEU’s Virtual Learning Environment (Blackboard).
- Different Centres to support students
- Speaking Centre
- Writing Centre
- Language Centre
- UAEU has been ranked the top business school in the UAE in the QS 2021 Global Executive MBA Rankings
- UAEU has been named the nation's top university in Times Higher Education's ranking release which placed UAEU as the 39th best university in Asia.
- Resources: UAEU provides free access to the library for the entire national community, which includes all citizens and residents in the UAE. For those wishing to use services such as online databases, computer usage, or borrowing books, we charge 10 AED (3 USD) per year. UAEU scientists also provide free edX courses for local high school students and other courses that are provided free access for all. The university has a Continuing Education Centre that provides a range of courses targeting the local population outside the university. These courses may be charged. Please note, these evidences are publicly available but we were not able to enter them in the data collection portal.
- Events and lectures for the public: The UAEU Continuing Education Centre provides a series of programmed events, lectures, and training sessions to which the local community is invited. These include language training, IELTS preparation and other useful skills like blockchain, artificial intelligence, Amazoogle, and design thinking. We offer another initiative to teach Arabic to non-native Arabic speaking children called ‘Arabic is the language of tolerance’. The library organises a series of ad hoc events for targeted audiences mainly outside the university. The Science & Innovation Park offers events and courses for the local population and school students to encourage innovative and creative thinking, e.g. seed fund coaching. Finally, the university career centre offers events and lectures that are only for the university alumni.
- Student Affairs conduct a Customer Happiness Survey (every semester) to get the feedback of students on admission and registration services, overall rating about the teaching methods and courses offered to them.
- Ph.D. Teaching Academy Program offered by CETL: The PhD Teaching Academy program is a blended program developed to prepare PhD students to start a teaching career in the academia. The program allows PhD students to learn how to manage large and small classes and gain hands-on experience with a range of teaching and learning pedagogies, instructional technologies, and best practices.
- UAEU received 5-star rating for online learning according to the QS World University Ranking. This achievement confirms UAEU’s pioneering role in the educational process as a national institution through the development of its academic outcomes and programs that meet international standards.
- 2111 Numbers of external library users from other universities, institutions, Alumni and members of the community,
- 4 M Total electronic Downloads Activity & Usage Major E Resources: E journals & E-books.
- 4,785 Number of students and faculty attending outreach programs for information literacy and training, workshop events organized by the library both in virtual and physical format,
- 10,785 The number of borrowed and circulated material from the library,
- 715,426 Journals, Books, &print Databases. All Resources across All Disciplines: Available licensed electronic content from Publishers and Print collection
- 952,945 Readership of UAEU Scholarly Content Downloads Globally.
- 332,971 theses downloaded; 2,117 theses are available at UAEU website.
Do you find this content helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها