Minor in Geology
The department of geology offers a minor program in geology for science students enrolled in any non-major geology programs. The minor consists of 18 credit hours, at least 9 of which will be upper division work to be taken from a basket of courses. The minor is designed to provide the students with a strong foundation in fundamental principles of geology. The minor aims at developing knowledge and skills in problem solving and critical thinking.
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: None
- Targeted students: All students except those with a major in Geosciences.
- To establish themselves as effective professionals and experts in terms problem solving, creativity, and critical thinking.
- To develop learning skills and synthesize knowledge in order to move to higher level of learning.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Recognize and apply the core theories and principles of geology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the scientific concepts needed to solve geological problems.
- Apply critical reasoning skills to model and solve geology related problems.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 18 hours
Geology Required Courses