Minor in Physics
The department of physics offers a minor program in physics for science students enrolled in any non-major physics programs. The minor consists of 18 credit hours, at least 9 of which will be upper division work to be taken from a basket of courses. The minor is designed to provide the students with a strong foundation in fundamental principles of physics. The minor aims at developing knowledge and skills in problem solving and critical thinking
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: None
- Targeted students: All students except those with a major in Physics.
- To establish themselves as effective professionals and experts in terms problem solving, creativity, and critical thinking.
- To develop learning skills and synthesize knowledge in order to move to higher level of learning.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Recognize and apply the core theories and principles of physics.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the mathematical concepts needed to solve physical problems.
- Apply critical reasoning skills to model and solve physics related problems.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 18 hours
Physics Required Courses
|Student should take 6 courses from the following list: (18 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PHYS235||Waves and Optics||3|
|PHYS390||Introduction to Astrophysics||3|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها