The CHSS is a diverse college with 8 departments shaping their various research interests and collaborations.
Faculty members CHSS have participated, through research, continuous education, workshops and consultation in different fields of humanities and social sciences to other UAEU colleges, media, conferences and governmental and private organizations and institutes such as the: Ministry of Presidential Affairs, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Dubai Woman Organization, Dubai Foundation for Women & Children, Dubai Police Headquarter, National Rehabilitation Center, Social Support Center, Zayed Higher Organization, UAE Red Crescent, Khalifa Organization for Humanitarian Services, Family Development Foundation, Sheikh Khalifa Hospital, and Tibyan, Al-Ain Municipality, Al-Ain Hospital, Behavioral Sciences Institutes and Sheikh Khalifa Hospital (Abu Dhabi), UAE National Bureau of Statistics, Cartography and GIS section at Al Ain and Abu Dhabi Municipality, Bayant, Abu Dhabi Airport, Dubai Airport, RTA, UAE National Center for Meteorology and Seismology, Abu Dhabi Education Council, Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council, and Ras Al Khaimah Municipality, family organizations, population agencies, health clinics or hospitals, educational institutes (schools and universities), social-public policy centers, development projects, media, and cultural-heritage centers among others.
They also serve as professional business and research consultants carrying out surveys, evaluating programs, determining organizational needs and guide and help decision makers.
Faculty members of CHSS are active researchers and are involved in different research and scholar activities. Their different areas of interest include:
Research areas within each department include:
- Kierkegaard and Classical Greek Thought.
- Reinventing Philosophy as a Way of Life.
- Embodied Cognition.
- Modernization of Arabic Rhetoric.
- Arabic Literature, Syntax and Heritage Editing.
- Cognitive Linguistics, Semantics and Sociolinguistics.
- Computational Linguistics, Sociolinguistics and Lexicon and Semantics.
- Translation Quality Assessment.
- Translation of Scientific and Medical Texts.
- Media Translation.
- Translation Methodology.
- Culture and Translation.
- Literary Prose Translation.
- Language and Culture Teaching.
- Etymology and Ancient Languages.
- Arabic Linguistics and Neurolinguistics.
- Arabic Word and Sentence Processing (using EEG and MEG).
- Language Disorders and Rehabilitation.
- Neuropsychological Assessment.
- Neuroimaging of Language.
- Applied Linguistics.
- Language Variation and Change.
- Speech Perception.
- Motor Control.
- Action-Perception Interaction.
- Embodied Cognition.
- English/American Literatures, Literary: Applied Criticism.
- Cinema Studies, Theater Studies, Fine Arts.
- Modernism and Post-Modernism Studies.
- Feminist Studies.
- Middle Eastern Literatures.
- Comparative Literatures.
- Middle Ages and Renaissance Literature.
- Social, Gender, Organizational and Public Relations.
- Women and Media, Citizen Journalism, Social Media Issues.
- War and Media.
- Health Communication.
- Islamic History and Civilization.
- The Ancient History of the Near East.
- Egyptian, Greek & Roman Archaeology.
- Mediterranean Archaeology.
- Classical Archaeology.
- Women’s Issues, Knowledge and Skills Basic for SW Practice.
- Social Welfare Policy: Child Abuse.
- Social Work: Play Therapy.
- Evidence-based Practice.
- Adolescent Issues.
- World Views, Cultural Anthropology, Folklore, Middle East, Arab American.
- Social and Economic Change, Globalization Studies.
- Development: Human and Community, Immigration, Women’s Studies.
- Environment and Society, Race and Ethnicity.
- Medical Sociology.
- Neurodegenerative Diseases, Effect of Herbal Extracts on Memory and on Cancer Cells.
- PTSD, Stress, CBT Implementation in the Middle East, Neurocognition.
- Child and Women Abuse, Depression, Personality Disorders, Non-Attack Epileptic Disorder, Childhood Disorders, Children Psychological Problems, Identity and School Psychology Issues.
- Self-Related Beliefs, Motivation Psychology of Gender and Socialization.
- Scales Development, Tests Analysis, Missing Data Analysis.
- Counseling Needs, Career Interests.
- New Born Face Perception: Intermodal Processing, Language & Autism/Down Syndrome.
- Cartography, and GIS and Remote Sensing Applications.
- Demography Analysis.
- Economic and Industrial Activities.
- Urban Planning and Land Use Arrangement Analysis.
- Transportation and Field Analysis.
- Environmental and Physical Analysis.
- Climatology, Geomorphology, and Oceanography Analysis.
- Political systems and governments.
- Public administration.
- Public policy.
- International politics and international relations.
- Political Theory and political thought.
The College also aims to promote the research expertise of faculty members within the University and UAE society; to enhance the research dimension of our undergraduate curricula and align new graduate programs to the research interests of faculty members and the nation, and to implement a new award scheme for the best undergraduate research project.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) is committed to nurturing and supporting a rich research environment by offering a wide range of research opportunities to graduate and undergraduate students and faculty members. CHSS Faculty members are dedicated to scientific research that meets national needs. They investigate important social issues and provide solutions to current challenges in the field of humanities and social sciences.
Support is provided via UAEU grants as well College grants. The CHSS also have research and scholarly collaborations with different governmental organization such as the Ministry of Education, Zayed Higher Organization, Abu Dhabi Municipality, Dubai Health Authority, Family Development Foundation and the Ministry of Presidential Affairs.
For more information, please visit the Research Grants and Opportunities page.
Please click here to view the Google Scholar Profile for the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. Please note that the publications listed on Google Scholar are categorized by faculty and not by their current place of employment. Therefore, some publications listed on this website may not have been done whilst the faculty member was employed at the United Arab Emirates University.
For more information, please visit the Top Journals List and Selection Criteria (UAEU community web portal) page.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) have extensive collaborations with different governmental organizations. We have strong links to educational, social and health organizations, and offer solutions that facilitate good decision making through our consultations, assessment, workshops, training and research.
We have strong liaisons with the Ministry of Presidential Affairs, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Dubai Woman Organization, Dubai Foundation for Women & Children, Dubai Police Headquarter, National Rehabilitation Center, Social Support Center, Zayed Higher Organization, UAE Red Crescent, Family Development Foundation, Shaikh Khalifa Hospital (Abu Dhabi), Al-Ain municipality, UAE National Bureau of Statistics, Cartography and GIS section at Al Ain and Abu Dhabi Municipality, UAE National Center for Meteorology and Seismology, Abu Dhabi Education Council, Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council Media, and cultural-heritage centers amongst others.
For more information, please contact:
Prof. Ahmed Alnajjar
Assistant Dean of Research and Graduate Studies Office
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Phone: +971 3 713 6402
Do you find this content helpful?
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها