Department of Radiology
The Department of Radiology is a central participant in medical education leading to the MD and Bachelors of Medical Science degrees. The Department teaches all aspects of diagnostic radiology; to undergraduates with the emphasis on integration with other specialties. Faculty members of the Department focus on research in fields, relevant to the country's need, such as imaging in cancer, radio contrast media (RCM) research, assessment of genetic diseases and congenital malformations, neuro-imaging, and basic radiological research – including animal studies in collaboration with CMHS basic sciences departments and other UAE University colleges.
TeachingAll aspects of diagnostic radiology are taught to undergraduates with the emphasis on integration with other specialties during the Organ Systems Course and various radiology, lectures, practical, tutorial andand conferences during the Clinical Sciences Course. The Department is also taking an increasing part in continuing and graduate medical education with regular radiological conferences in Surgery, Paediatrics, Medicine, ICU, ER and Oncology.
- (2019). "RoFo." Co-Authors:Stoll T; Michel BA; Neidhart M; Wassmer P; Neidl K; Fehr K; Wagenhouser
- (2019). "Bildfusion von funktionellen und morphologischen Bildparametern." Co-Authors:Hagen T; Piepgras U; Neidl K.
- (2016). "Acute Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV): What radiologists want to know? ." Co-Authors:Das KM, Lee Edward, Ruth Langer, Larsson SG. . American Journal of Radiology. 206(6)
- (2015). "CT Virtual Bronchoscopy - Normal variants, pitfalls, and spectrum of common and rare pathology. ." Co-Authors:Das KM, Hani Lababidi, SadeqAlDandan, Sven.G. Larsson, Raja S. . Canadian Association Radiology journal. 66(1)
- (2015). "CT Correlation With Outcomes in 15 Patients With Acute Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus. ." Co-Authors:Das KM, Lee EY, Enani MA, AlJawder SE, Singh R, Bashir S, Al-Nakshbandi N, AlDossari K, Larsson SG. . American Journal of Radiology. 204(4)
- (2015). "Acute Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus: Temporal Lung Changes Observed on the Chest Radiographs of 55 Patients.." Co-Authors:Das KM, Lee EY, Al Jawder SE, Enani MA, Singh R, Skakni L, Al-Nakshabandi N, AlDossari K, Larsson SG . American Journal of Radiology. 205(3)
- (2014). "Williams-Beuren Syndrome: Computed Tomography Imaging ." Co-Authors:Das KM, Momenah TS, Larsson SG, Jadoon S, Aldosary AS, Lee EY.. Pediatric Cardiology. 35(8)
- (2014). "MDCT normative cross-sectional area estimation of superior vena cava and innominate vein in children using age as a predictor. ." Co-Authors:Karuna M. Das, Tarek S Momenah, Rajvir Singh, Sven G Larsson. Pediatric Cardiology. 35(6)
- (2012). "The use of glutathione drug for prevention of intoxication caused by physical loads." Co-Authors:Kalinkin LA; Ponomareva AG; Morozov VN; Lakshin AM; Matov VV. Sports science messenger. 34.
- (2012). "The development of a new biochemical marker of adaptation of athletes." Co-Authors:Kovkova AV; Nehai EV . Questions of kurortology, physiotherapy and therapeutic physical culture. 42.
- (2012). "Controlling the adaptive responses in athletes with the help of ratio that estimates anabolic and catabolic processes ." Co-Authors:Ponomareva AG; Kovkova AV . Sports medicine messenger.
- (2011). "Protecting people from the adverse environmental impacts through the development of the physical culture and sports sphere." Co-Authors:Ponomareva AG; Morozov VN; Maximovskaya NV; Kalinkin LA. Sports science messenger. 51.
- (2011). "Endogen intoxication as the method of revealing misadjustment of highly skilled athletes." Physiotherapy, balneology and rehabilitation. 43.
- (2011). "Characteristics of lipid peroxidation and markers of endogenous intoxication in monitoring physical loads during rowers’ training ." Questions of kurortology, physiotherapy and therapeutic physical culture. 41.
- (2010). "Psycho-physiological criteria for overtraining of athletes // Questions of kurortology, physiotherapy and therapeutic physical culture." Co-Authors:Charykova IA . Questions of kurortology, physiotherapy and therapeutic physical culture. 50.
- (2009). "Oxidative stress during graduated physical exercises." Co-Authors:Alkevich EL . Physiotherapy, balneology and rehabilitation. 33.
- (2009). "Impact of extreme conditions on the functional markers of the central nervous system ." Co-Authors:Charykova IA; Rummo D.V. . Military medicine. 119.
- (2009). "Analysis of features of sensorimotor response during adaptation to different types of physical activity ." Co-Authors:Charykova IA; Paramonova NA . Medical Journal. 119.
- (2008). "Cerebral MRI Findings in Neonatal Tuberous Sclerosis." Co-Authors:R.D. Langer; P. Raupp . Iran J Radiol. 5, 4.
- (2007). "Contrast enhanced 64-slice multi-detector computed tomography coronary angiography versus conventional invasive quantitative coronary angiography in coronary artery stent assessment.." Co-Authors:Das KM, El-Menyar AA, Ammar Salam, Wafer Dabdoob, Hajar Al Binali, Suwaidi JA. Radiology. 245(2)
- (2007). "Comparison of two imaging protocols for acute stroke: unenhanced cranial CT versus a multimodality c." Co-Authors:Langer RD; Neidl van Gorkom K; Al Kaabi HO; Torab F; Czechowski; J, Nagi M; Ashish GM . Australas Radiol. 51, 5.
- (1999). "Intratesticular varicocele: evaluation using conventional and Doppler sonography.." Co-Authors:Das KM, Prasad K, Szmigielsky W, Noorani N. . American Journal of Radiology. 173(4)
- (1997). "Multiple cerebral aneurysms in identical twins." Co-Authors:Hagen T; Piepgras U . AJNR. 18 (5), 4.
- (1995). "Detection of liver metastases: comparison of superparamagnetic iron oxide-enhanced and unenhanced MR." Co-Authors:Hagspiel KD; Eichenberger AC; Weder W; Marincek B . Radiology. 196 (2), 7.
- (1994). "Fat-suppressed MR imaging sequences in the diagnosis of liver and pancreatic neoplasms at 1.5 tesla." Co-Authors:Hagspiel KD; Hauser M; Duewell S; Marincek B . Roe Fo. 160 (3), 7.
- (1993). "Magnetic resonance imaging. Differentiation with other diagnostic procedures used thus far in examin." Co-Authors:Hagspiel KD; von Schulthess GK . Orthopaede. 20, 8.
- (1992). "Sonographic features of genitourinary tuberculosis." Co-Authors:Das KM, Indudhara R, Vaidyanathan S. . American Journal of Radiology. 158(2)
- (1992). "Renal tuberculosis: diagnosis with sonographically guided aspiration cytology.." Co-Authors:Das KM, Vaidyanathan S, Rajwanshi A, Indudhara R. . American Journal of Radiology. 158(3)
- Langer RD, Neidl – van Gorkom KFW, Mahmoud Mohamed N, Fuchsjaeger M, Lehtovirta J, Hamed AA. (2013). Nicht-invasive Differenzierung von Nierensteinen mit DECT (noninvasive differentiation of renal calculi with DECT). Fortschr Roentgenstr (S) 185; 286
- Langer RD, Neidl – van Gorkom K, Mahmoud NM, Fuchsjaeger M, Lehtovirta J. (2013). Dual energy computed tomography for renal stone differentiation. EJR(S) Abstract-Book
Note: If calling from outside the UAEU organization, dial (+971 3 713) before the extension.
|Dr. Klaus F. Neidl||Associate Professor and Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org||7540|
|Dr. Karuna M Das||Associate Professoremail@example.com||7541|
|Dr. Yauhen Statsenko||Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||7124|
|Dr. Taleb al Mansoori||Assistant Professor and Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairsemail@example.com||7558/7125|
Thank you for your interest in the Radiology Department. We welcome your query and encourage you to contact us using the information below:
United Arab Emirates University,
College of Medicine and Health Sciences
P.O.Box: 17666, Al Ain, UAE
Phone: +971 3 7137 540
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها