Minor in Mathematics
The department of Mathematical Sciences offers a minor program in Mathematics for students enrolled in colleges of science, Information Technology and Education. The minor consists of 18 credit hours (from the below basket of Math courses); where at least 9 of which will be upper division work to be taken (300 level). The Mathematics minor is designed to prepare students majoring in some other discipline with a background in mathematics that is both broad and deep.
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: None
- Targeted students: All students except those with a major in Mathematics.
- Establish themselves as skilled professionals and experts in terms of teamwork, communication, creativity and profession-ethics.
- Continue their professional development by pursuing further degrees and developing life-long learning skills and abilities.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify, formulate and solve mathematical problems by applying knowledge of mathematics.
- Exploit data, use mathematical arguments in a clear well-organized and logical way and employ technology to assist in solving problems and to draw conclusions.
- Communicate mathematical ideas effectively through presentations and reports with a range of audiences.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 18 hours
Mathematics Required Courses