MD Program Admission
Admission criteria for Undergraduates
Multiple Min Interviews (MMI)
The College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) - UAE University strives for excellence in medical education, clinical training and research. The College aims to graduate highly professional and competent physicians who are able to compete internationally. Therefore, the CMHS program for Medicine sets high standards in recruitment and admission processes of potential candidates. The CMHS M.D. program for Medicine provides a unique integrated, multidisciplinary approach to learning. The College offers two tracks for admission into Medicine; for undergraduates (grade 12 students) and for postgraduates. Each track has different admission requirements. The CMHS also invites you to explore the possibilities of Health Sciences programs offered by the College.
Details on the CMHS programs can be found here.
Applicants to the M.D. program at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences- UAE University (CMHS-UAEU), are encouraged to rank the UAEU as option # 1 or # 2, on the Ministry of Education NAPO system and to regularly update their profile and upload required documents and certificates.
Candidates information will be extracted directly from the NAPO system. Only those who chose Medicine at the UAEU, will be reviewed. The review process will assess the candidate’s most recent marks in grade 12 subjects and EmSAT scores in English, Mathematics and two of the following three subjects (Chemistry, Physics, Biology). Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Office of Students Affairs at the College and will be offered virtual Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI). The interview process will commence mid-April 2022. Passing the interviews is a prerequisite for admission.
Candidates will be admitted to the College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) in accordance with the general policies and regulations established by the UAE University.
Admission applications to the CMHS - UAE University are processed in liaison with the Ministry of Education (MOE) central admission office; the National Admissions and Placement Office (NAPO).
Admission of candidates into Medicine - CMHS is competitive and merit based. The limited number of seats are awarded to candidates with the best academic performance in grade 12, EmSAT tests, and admission interviews.
Admission criteria for Undergraduates
- Admission for UAE nationals and children of Emirati mothers.
- A minimum EmSAT English score of 1250, or its equivalent (TOFEL 525/iBT 70 or IELTS 5.5).
- A minimum EmSAT Arabic score of 900, or its equivalent.
- A minimum EmSAT score of 900 in Mathematics or equivalent, plus scores of 900 in two of the three science subjects (Chemistry, Biology or Physics) is required from new applicants.
- Transfer Students to Medicine who are enrolled at the UAEU, are not required to set the EmSAT tests. Transfer students are expected to register and pass the admission MCQ exam set by the College. This exam includes the following subjects; Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Calculus, Algebra, or Combined Sciences.
- Passing Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) set by the College and offered to shortlisted candidates.
- Applicants from private schools that do not follow UAE government curriculum, and high schools with grade 12 certificates issued from outside the UAE MUST obtain equivalency for their high school certificate from the UAE Ministry of Education before admission.
- Grade 12 certificate, or its equivalent, no more than three years prior to the date of admission application.
- Satisfying the following minimum requirements for school systems and certificates:
|School System Certificate||Admission Requirements|
|UAE Secondary School Certificate||Elite Track (Advanced Science & Math Program - ASP)||Minimum overall average of 85%|
|Advanced Stream||Minimum overall average of 90%|
|General Stream||Not applicable|
|Advanced Technical High School (ATHS)||Minimum overall average of 90%|
|Secondary Technical School (STS)||Not applicable|
|Applied Technology High Schools - General (Allied Health)||Not applicable|
|SABIS SYSTEM||Minimum overall average of 85%|
|International Baccalaureate (IB)||IB diploma with minimum score of 28 points, exclusinve of any bonus points.|
|American System||Minimum overall average of 90% or cGPA 3.5 (on a scale of 4), or equivalent.|
|British System (GCE/IGCSE)||
Total of eight subjects, five at (O level) and three at (AS/A level), with a minimum of grade B in all subjects.
Three of the subjects should be science subjects with minimum grade B.
Any four subjects should have a minimum of grade A.
Arabic Language and Islamic Education are not counted.
Minimum of 90% in the final year national exam, or its equivalent.
|Indian Boards and Pakistani Boards||
Admission citeria for Postgraduates
- Admission is only for UAE nationals.
- Obtaining Bachelor's degree from UAE University or equivalent with GPA of 3.5 out of 4.0 scale.
- Achieving a minimum TOFEL score of 600 or IELTS score of 6.0
- Passing the College of Medicine & Health Sciences written admission exam or Medical College Admission Test "MCAT"
- Passing the College of Medicine & Health Sciences multiple personal interviews.
- Candidates aspiring to join College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) - UAE University; should register first on the National Admission and Placement Office (NAPO) of Ministry of Education (MOE), and rank the UAE University as their number 1 or 2 on options list.
- Candidates information will be extracted directly from the NAPO. Only those who ranked the UAE University as their number 1 or 2 will be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered virtual Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) by the Office of Students Affairs at the College, in order to assess non-academic skills e.g. ethical reasoning, effective communication, critical thinking/problem solving & empathy.
- The Office of Student Affairs and Alumni at the CMHS organizes the College’s admission process and interviews (MMI).
- Admission is competency based. High ranked candidates based on EmSAT scores, Grade 12 score, and combined virtual interviews score are offered conditional letters of acceptance into Medicine by the College.
- Final acceptance into Medicine is conveyed to candidates via the NAPO system. Final acceptance is subject to fulfillment of the UAE University as well as the CMHS admission requirements, complete upload of all documents required by the NAPO. Please note that candidate’s ranking of the UAE University as # 1 on the NAPO is a pre-requisite for final acceptance into the M.D. program.
- A newly accepted student is expected to present him/herself on the first day of study. Absenteeism without a legitimate excuse –e.g. sick leave- for two full consecutive days, shall automatically disqualify the candidate from continuing in the M.D. program at the CMHS. The student’s seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate on the CMHS waiting list.
The College of Medicine and Health Sciences –CMHS- offers the UAE University students who wish to transfer to Medicine an admission MCQ examination. Please note that this exam is not offered to new –grade 12- candidates.
The CMHS Admission MCQ exam is designed to assess candidate’s knowledge of Physics, Biology, Math and Chemistry. The test also includes aptitude questions that assess reasoning abilities.
- The examination is on the 26th of May 2022 at 12:30 PM.
- Examination venue is the College of Medicine and Health Sciences Assessment and Evaluation Center (see location map), 1st floor Block C.
- The exam is composed of 60 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 90 minutes.
- The examination is computer based and is in English language.
- The exam questions derive from the curriculum of high school science subjects.
- A minimum score of 40% in this exam is required to be considered the Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI).
- Candidates must bring UAEU student’s ID for proof of verification.
- All candidates must present at the examination site 1 hour prior to the start time of scheduled session. MCQ exam logistics will be shared via e-mail with candidates.
- Sample questions can be found by clicking here.
Multiple Min Interviews (MMI)
Academic Year 2022-2023
- Candidates who fulfill the UAE University admission criteria are shortlisted for a virtual Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI).
- The MMI is an important component of the selection process for Medicine. It is designed to assess the following non-academic skills:
- Ethical reasoning
- Effective communication
- Critical thinking/problem solving
- Candidates’ interviews for the summer of 2022 are virtual due to COVID-19 situation.
- The Office of Students Affairs and Alumni at the CMHS organizes the interview process, and contact shortlisted candidates on interview logistics.
- Candidate will discuss 5-7 case scenarios with 5-7 different Faculty members. The link to UAEU online interview will be shared with candidates the day before the interviews date. Short case scenarios are displayed to candidates before discussion commence. A single case discussion takes approximately 7-10 minutes for completion.
- Candidates should have a high speed internet connection, use quiet well-lit space, and appear in formal attire. Cameras must be on.
- If a candidate is unable to attend the interview, he/she should contact Miss Rahma AlKurbi or Mrs. Mariam Mohammed Al Shamsi from the Office of Students Affairs at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Candidates should not disclose the content of own interviews to a third party.
- The interviews may be recorded for quality, training, and research purposes.
Thank you for your interest to join the College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS).
We welcome your queries.
Office of Student Affairs & Alumni
College of Medicine and Health Sciences
United Arab Emirates University
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
P.O. Box: 17666
|Miss Rahma Alkurbi||+971 3 713 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Mariam Al Shamsi||+971 3 713 email@example.com|
|Miss Mariam Al Neyadi||+971 3 713 firstname.lastname@example.org|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها