Doctor of Philosophy in Biomedical Sciences
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in Biomedical Sciences is designed to provide student with sufficient knowledge, research skills and competency in a wide variety of areas that will prepare him/her for a career in Biomedical Sciences research, academia and leadership. The program embraces both course work as well as original research work completion. The combination of unique courses will cover several Biomedical Sciences topics, bio-statistics, and research methodology. This 54-credit hours PhD program is typically finished in four to six years. The program will intend to contribute to the advancement of the UAE knowledge-based economy through community engagement and knowledge transfer. The program will enhance scientific innovation through research and establish the UAEU as a leader in Biomedical Sciences research within the country and region.
- Develop scholarly inquiry grounded in research and the reality of practice in the discipline area.
- Offer a rigorous and innovative discipline-based knowledge that prepares students to succeed in a globally challenging, competitive and changing environment.
- Enhance professional growth, lifelong learning skills and leadership competencies in the area of specialization for career opportunities in different sectors.
- Adhere to professional integrity and research ethics, and be committed to values related to the area of specialization.
- Prepare graduates to be inquisitive, to reason critically, and to communicate clearly and effectively.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of the translational biomedical knowledge used in their scholarly activities.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, with peers and colleagues, that are effective in the exchange and translation of knowledge and scientific findings.
- Synthesize new translational biomedical sciences knowledge by engaging in collaborative research, and in scholarships and through oral, written and publication platforms
- Demonstrate professionalism and ethical attitudes in data management, ownership and sharing.
- Evaluate the significance of translational biomedical research.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 54 hours