Doctor of Philosophy in Nutritional Sciences
The PhD Program in Nutritional Sciences aims to give students the opportunity to gain advanced knowledge related to various aspects of nutritional sciences. The program will give an opportunity to the students to conduct high quality research, which will enhance the knowledge of the ways various nutrients, foods and dietary patterns could mitigate the risk of diseases and promote prevention. In addition, the program provides guidance for improving lifestyle and preventing and/or treating diseases through nutrition education and helps gather data for policy makers, to design and implement strategies for improving health of all individuals.
- To prepare and create future leaders of excellence in research, industry, and government sectors.
- To enhance R & D capabilities with advanced skills among the graduates to serve the society.
- To improve student’s competencies in critical thinking, problem solving, leadership, team work and effective communication.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced level of knowledge in Nutritional Sciences.
- Ethically conduct original interdisciplinary research, including development of a relevant methodology, data collection and analysis, interpretation of scientific results and literature, drawing conclusion and recommendations to improve health and well-being at the local, national and international levels.
- Identify issues to problems in nutritional science by proposing alternative solutions/ideas.
- Communicate evidence-based nutritional science information using appropriate (written, visual, and oral) means, according to the level of the audiences (professional or general).
- Demonstrate leadership qualities in the field of nutritional science to contribute to a future successful career in academia, industry or policy- making.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 55 hours
Core Course Requirements