Master of Arts in Arabic Language and Literature
The Master's degree in Arabic Language and Literature is a one-track program that combines several fields of Arabic linguistics and literary criticism. Students' area of specialization is based on their dissertation topic. The program requires completing 30 credit hours, composed of 18 mandatory credits, 6 elective credits, and 6 credits for the dissertation. Students are expected to complete the Master's degree within three academic semesters. The program is offered to both female and male students. The lectures are mixed-gender and take place in the male section. This program requires regular attendance in compliance with UAEU regulations and the academic calendar for both full-time and part-time students.
- Develop the students’ knowledge of the branches of the specialization and their sources, which enables them to evaluate their cognitive achievement.
- Enable the student to study the Arab heritage in light of contemporary literary and linguistic criticism to achieve authenticity and modernity.
- Produce research within a general framework of high skill and innovation, which enables the student to demonstrate intellectual independence and self-creation
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze the literary texts in light of ancient and modern criticism theories.
- Explain the structural elements in the linguistic and literary lesson and the stages of their development.
- Address the questions of the linguistic phenomenon at its various levels, based on the student’s readings and research.
- Evaluate published critique and rhetoric according to their knowledge of Arabic literature and its theoretical and practical connections with other kinds of literature.
- Conduct research according to academic writing and its scholarly standards.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 30 hours
Core Courses (Req. CH:18)
|Required Courses (18 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ARB605||Rhetorical and Stylistic Issues||3|
|ARB613||Research Methods and Editing Texts||3|
|ARB630||Studies in Linguistics||3|
|ARB635||Modern Schools of Criticism||3|
|ARB640||Syntactical and Linguistic Schools||3|
|ARB661||Studies in Syntax||3|
Elective Courses (Req. CH:6)
|Student mast select 2 courses from the list below (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ARB600||Contemporary Arabic Language Issues||3|
|ARB611||Critical Thinking Among Arabs||3|
|ARB655||Selected Literary and Linguistic Texts in English||3|
|ARB670||Genres of Arabic Literature||3|
Thesis (Req. CH:6)
|Required Course (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها