Master of Governance and Public Policy
The Master of Governance and Public Policy (MGPP) degree aims to impart knowledge, skills, and analytic capability about the rational application of methods, practical tools and techniques in public governance including the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of public policy in the dynamic and complex era of globalization. The Program combines relevant contemporary theories, professional skills, practical knowledge, high level research skills and critical thinking to approach the questions of governance and policy management in the new millennium. The MGPP equips students with cutting-edge skills to undertake open, accountable, responsive, and inclusive leadership to address the administrative, ethical, financial, organizational, and political challenges in delivering superior governmental services and making effectual decisions.
- To prepare professionals and public policy leaders to discuss, analyze, and evaluate public policies.
- To appreciate the complex and cross-sectorial nature of public policy, public policy challenges, and public policy solutions.
- To implement skills necessary to address important criteria of transparency, accountability, responsive, effectiveness, efficiency, and inclusive in all policy processes.
- To develop leadership skills necessary to lead national and local institutions and perform administrative, financial, organizational, and political activities.
- To exercise ethical and moral standards in public policy processes and leadership behaviors.
- To equip students with various analytical tools to effectively diagnose and proffer solutions to complex public policy issues .
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Comprehend selected theories and methods in public governance, policy analysis, market-government relations, macro and micro economics, public budgeting, leadership, and research in the analysis and formulation of public policy.
- Conduct governance and public policy research using appropriate research methods, ethics procedures, and statistical analysis
- Apply qualitative and quantitative skills in the formulation of public policy independently and in teams.
- Use different tools and techniques in policy analysis, stakeholder management, successful policy implementation, effective program evaluation, and financial management
- Communicate descriptive and analytical knowledge effectively in written and oral format to various audiences.
- Demonstrate preparedness for continued reflective practice and lifelong learning in public policy and governance.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 36 hours
Governance and Public Policy