Master of Science in Internet of Things
The Master of Science in Internet of things (IoT) is an interdisciplinary program that provides students with a unique opportunity to study the application of the latest information and communication technologies to a vast variety of fields while considering their impact on individuals, organizations, and society. It fosters innovations in a wide range of areas including Embedded Systems Design, Wireless and Mobile Connectivity, Application and Service Development, Data Mining, and Information Security. The program is designed to prepare specialists capable of providing leadership and necessary technical expertise to governmental, private, and academic sectors, and to provide them with the knowledge and skills to develop and further excel in the professional world.
- Offer rigorous and innovative computing education, promoting innovative research in areas related to national priorities
- Prepare graduates to be inquisitive, to reason critically, and to lead nationally and globally.
- Enrich the UAE quality of life and contribute to the advancement of its knowledge-based economy.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Discuss the evolution of the IoT paradigm, the different application areas, inter-disciplinary and emerging developments in this field.
- Evaluate the technologies associated with the IoT to reflect on, justify and recommend decisions.
- Design an IoT solution for a single or a system of devices to solve problems to meet a set of requirements.
- Develop project or research work that contributes to the IoT discipline taking into account relevant considerations such as ethics, economics, society, environment and sustainability.
- Demonstrate advanced oral and written communication skills individually and collectively.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 30 hours
|Required Courses (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CENG601||Embedded Systems Design||3|
|CENG602||Wireless and Mobile Networks||3|
|CENG603||Internet of Things (IoT) Systems and Platforms||3|
|Students should select 3 courses from the list below (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CENG604||Sensors, Data Acquisition and Interfaces||3|
|CENG640||Internet of Things Security||3|
|CENG655||Special topics in Computer Engineering||3|
|SWEB645||Application and Service Development for the IoT||3|
|ISBP632||Applied Data Mining||3|
|ISEC755||Advanced Systems and Data Security. 1||3|
1 : Needs approval of student advisor
|Free electives may be taken from master level courses offered by the CIT or other colleges with the approval of the student advisor. Some examples are as follows: (1) Students interested in pursuing a PhD might be interested in an elective course on research methods run by the College of IT, (2) Students interested in technology for healthcare might be interested in an elective course run by the College of Medicine, (3) Students interested in applying IoT in the manufacturing/industry 4.0 area might be interested in an elective course run by the College of Engineering. (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Required Course (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها