Minor in Business Translation
The Minor in Business Translation is an 18-credit hour program. It aims to introduce students to the various types of business letters and documents. Students will learn how to effectively write and translate different business texts in both languages.
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: Approval of department chair
- Targeted students: All students
- Introduce students to basic concepts in translation and business.
- Develop students’ skills in writing and translating between English and Arabic.
- Develop students’ skills in translating business correspondence and promotional materials in English and Arabic.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain basic concepts in translation and business.
- Contrast English and Arabic constructions on the semantic, syntactic and pragmatic levels for the purpose of translation.
- Identify various types of business correspondence and promotional texts.
- Write standard business letters in English and Arabic.
- Translate business letters between English and Arabic.
- Write different genres of promotional texts used in the media.
- Translate promotional texts between English and Arabic.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 18 hours