Minor in Geosciences
The department of geosciences offers a minor program in geosciences for science students enrolled in any non-major geosciences program. The minor consists of 18 credit hours, at least 9 of which will be upper division work to be taken from a basket of courses. The minor is designed to provide the students with a strong foundation in fundamental principles of geosciences. The minor aims at developing knowledge and skills in problem solving and critical thinking.
- Minimum grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: GEOL 100 Physical Geology
- Targeted students: All students except those with a major in Mathematical Sciences or a major in Geosciences.
- To enable students to be effective professionals and experts in terms problem-solving, creativity, and critical thinking.
- To develop learning skills and synthesize knowledge in order to move to higher level of learning.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Recognize and apply the core theories and principles of geosciences.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the scientific concepts needed to solve geosciences problems.
- Apply critical reasoning skills to model and solve geosciences-related problems.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 18 hours
Geosciences Required Courses
|Students should take 6 courses from the following list of which at least 3 courses must be 300 level or higher: (18 hours )||Credit Hours|
|GEOL300||Igneous and Metamorphic Rocks||3|
|GEOL340||Sedimentation and sedimentary rocks||3|
|GEOL400||Remote Sensing and GIS||3|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها