Minor in German Language
The Minor in German Language is an 18-credit hour program. It aims to equip students with basic written and oral skills in German language in a range of contexts. Students will have the ability to analyze and translate short texts from English and Arabic into German and vice versa. By the end of the courses, students should have acquired the skills necessary to take the relevant language exam at the Goethe institute.
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: Approval of department chair
- Targeted students: All students
- Enable students to achieve language proficiency up to A2-level according to the European Frame of Reference for language learning (CEFR), which allows communicating appropriately in a variety of situations.
- Familiarize students with the history and culture of German-speaking countries.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of written and spoken German on familiar topics as used by native speakers
- Produce simple spoken and written German, intelligible to native speakers unaccustomed to contact with foreigners.
- Employ communicative strategies for interacting on unfamiliar topics.
- Identify culturally appropriate behavior in a variety of social contexts.
- Recognize cultural references such as landmarks, historical events and figures, music, traditions and customs.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 18 hours