Minor in Leadership and Communication
The ability to communicate effectively is a critical asset for leaders in today’s competitive and well-connected world. The minor in leadership and communication is an interdisciplinary program that covers a wide rang of courses including communication, marketing, management, public administration and social psychology. It provides students communication skills, marketing and managing strategies, leadership concepts and competency that are needed to prepares future leaders and decision makers in the UAE society and beyond.
- Min grade requirement: GPA 2.7
- Pre-requisite: Approval of department chair
- Targeted students: All students except Mass Communication and Political SC.(Government, Policy and Administration Concentration) and Psychology.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively apply communication skills and techniques in various communication settings and collaborative teamwork.
- Demonstrate competency in research, writing, presentation and management skills that are required in the various components of leadership and society.
- Demonstrate competency in criticizing societal issues and propose effective solutions using psychological principles and management and communication skills.
- Provide students with strategies to handle the challenges associated with new and increasingly more complex leadership roles.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe basic concepts and theories related to the study of communication, management and leadership.
- Analyze the complex inter‐relationship among the various components of leadership and society and key concepts associated with each.
- Use the language and vocabulary of marketing to create a simple marketing plan and apply marketing concepts to the successful running of an enterprise.
- Apply the basics of effective communication and have ample opportunity to practice and improve students' communication skills.
- Demonstrate competency in research, writing, presentation and Management skills.
- Criticize UAE societal issues and propose effective solutions using psychological principles and management and communication skills.
- Apply some leadership's theories in practice within the UAE society.
- Apply decision making skills to issues related to UAE society.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 18 hours
Leadership and Communication
|Required Courses (12 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PSG130||Introduction to Public Administration||3|
|MKTG200||Principles of Marketing||3|
|MSC211||Principles of Oral Communication||3|
|Elective Option One Students must choose one of these two courses: (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Elective Option Two Students must choose one of these two courses: (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|MSC270||Writing for the Media||3|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها