Minor in Political Science
The Minor in Political Science is an eighteen credit-hour academic program. It includes the core courses in Political Science. Its main objectives are to provide students with the essential concepts, principles, and theories in the various subfields of Political Science, and to equip them with some skills and competencies necessary for successful careers in politics and related areas.
- Min grade requirement: GPA 3.0 and Pass PSG 110 (with min. grade of B)
- Pre-requisite: Approved by department chair
- Targeted students: All students except Political Science.
- Provide students with essential concepts and principles in the various subfields of political science.
- Introduce students to various theories and approaches to the study of politics.
- Provide students with solid knowledge about factors that influence international relations and public policy.
- Equip students with competencies necessary for successful careers in politics and related areas.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Define the main concepts of political science.
- Identify essential political processes, institutions, actors, behaviors, and ideas that shape national and international contexts.
- Explicate major theories of various subfields of political science.
- Apply theories to analyze political phenomena
- Demonstrate an understanding of the political and administrative systems of the UAE.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 18 hours