Master of Science in Civil Engineering
This graduate program covers various Civil Engineering disciplines including Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Management, Highway and Transportation, Water Resources, Environmental Engineering, and Surveying. The necessity of maintaining the national development is placing increasing demands upon the government and private sectors to secure proper infrastructures, transportation networks, residential and industrial complexes. To help meet those demands, the program is designed to provide the community and industry with distinguished national manpower and highly qualified civil engineers for the sustainable development of the country. The program will train students intending to pursue their Ph.D. in Civil Engineering. Graduates of the program would provide the link between the advancements in Civil Engineering sciences and corresponding applications. (Total credit hours is 30 which includes 9 credit hours of thesis work).
- Provide graduate students with a clear and comprehensive understanding of advanced civil engineering principles.
- Train graduate students on addressing contemporary, sophisticated, and complex civil engineering issues or projects by utilizing or applying multidisciplinary problem-solving approaches and using modern engineering tools.
- Serve the life-long learning needs of the engineering community and develop the graduate students' attitude to acquire further learning experiences and motivate them to get engaged in Ph.D. or advanced training programs
- Provide efficient and productive research environment to carry out fundamental and advanced applied research to address civil engineering problems in general and regional and national problems in particular.
- Provide the community and industry with quality technical assistance and highly qualified national manpower to lead the national industrial development plans.
- Enrich the collaboration in research and graduate studies between the UAE University and the national and industrial sectors in the country and worldwide.
- Provide a solid foundation for establishing a national research center for the Civil Engineering discipline in the country.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe highly specialized civil engineering principles, concepts, and methodologies.
- Evaluate the performance of advanced civil engineering systems and components through the use of applicable research principles, analytical methods or modeling techniques.
- Conduct advanced research to develop innovative solutions for highly complex civil engineering problems through the use of appropriately selected research methodologies and modern engineering tools.
- Apply advanced multidisciplinary problem-solving approaches to critically analyze contemporary, sophisticated, and highly complex civil engineering problems.
- Present and critique highly complex civil engineering issues and communicate effectively at a high level of proficiency.
- Lead professional activities and manage ethical issues in highly complex civil engineering projects.
- Implement the social, environmental, ethical, economic and commercial aspects to develop valid decisions affecting highly complex civil engineering projects.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 30 hours