Master of Science in Environmental Sciences and Sustainability
The M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences and Sustainability is a 30-credit hour program that is offered both full and part time within the Biology Department. Students are required to complete 24 credit hours of coursework in addition to 6 credit hours assigned to research and a completion of a M.Sc. thesis. The coursework includes 2 credit hours of College of Science requirements (Ethics, and Research Methods), 9 credit hours of core environmental sciences courses and 13 credit hours as elective courses. These electives will allow the student to specialize in any specific topic relating to environmental sciences. Student progress is overseen by a research supervisor (and co-supervisors when needed) and a thesis defense committee. The program is a fee-based program open for all students who meet the UAEU minimum entry requirements.
- Develop proficiency of basic concepts in cellular and molecular biology, ecology and environmental sciences, and general biology.
- Foster teamwork and improve oral and communication skills.
- Foster a student-oriented research program that results in professional publications.
- Embrace student-oriented teaching methods that nurture critical thinking abilities and apply their knowledge to solve theoretical and empirical real-life problems.
- Prepare students for future job market and careers.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Discuss contemporary issues relating to environmental challenges, sustainable management, ethics, and professional responsibilities.
- Describe relationships between environmental components and processes and the role of anthropogenic factors.
- Evaluate material from available resources on issues and challenges relating to environmental problems facing the UAE.
- Investigate the means by which human society can conserve and restore the environment using sustainable approaches drawn from various sciences and fields of study including an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Conduct scientific environmental research, and use quantitative methods to analyze results.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 30 hours
College of Science
|Required Courses (2 hours )||Credit Hours|
|COSC502||Ethics of Scientific Research||1|
|Required Courses (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Elective Courses (13 hours )||Credit Hours|
|BIOE603||Field Survey and Environmental Assessment||2|
|BIOE604||Complementary Alternative Medicine||2|
|BIOE615||Coastal and Marine Management||2|
|BIOE616||Genetically Modified Organisms||2|
|BIOE620||Environmental Awareness and Education||2|
|BIOE626||Air Quality and Climate Change||2|
|BIOE636||Seminar in Environmental Science||1|
|GEOL632||Remote Sensing and GIS for Biodiversity Monitoring||2|
|WATR602||Water Resources Management||3|
|RGIS611||Advanced Remote Sensing||2|
|Required Course (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها