Master of Science in Human Nutrition
The Master of Science in Human Nutrition Program will be a full-time program delivered through a duration of 2 years. The completion time of the program is two years (4 semesters) for full time students and four years (8 semesters) for part-time students. Students can be enrolled in the Program in every Fall semester of the academic year. The first 2 semesters (first academic year) courses will be delivered in the UAEU, on the 3rd semester students will be based in United Kingdom (UK) and courses will be delivered in the University College London (UCL), while the 4th semester students will be back in UAEU to carry on their remaining courses and will also be conducting their thesis research which will be co-supervised by one faculty member from UAEU and another faculty from UCL.
- Equip students with advanced knowledge, scientific research and problem-solving skills in human nutrition at the individual, family and community levels.
- Provide students with comprehensive educational experience to perform outcome-based research, as well as prepare graduates to pursue more advanced degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate the impact of nutrition on health status of individuals and communities.
- Design nutrition interventions using scientific evidence in improving health and well-being of individuals and communities.
- Conduct outcome-based research by using ethical guidelines and appropriate research methods of assessments and analysis
- Demonstrate advanced writing and oral communication skills using the scientific literature
Required Credit Hours : minimum 32 hours
|Required Courses (17 hours )||Credit Hours|
|NUTR635||Papers and Research Proposal Writing in Nutrition Related Subjects||1|
|NUTR615||Community Nutrition and Health Promotion||3|
|NUTR665||Fundamentals of Nutrition and Metabolism (UCL-MEDC0034)||2|
|NUTR670||Practical Nutrition Assessment (UCL-MEDC0037)||2|
|NUTR675||Experimental Design and Research Methods (UCL-MEDC0039)||2|
|NUTR650||Current Topics in Nutrition||3|
|NUTR660||Disease Related Malnutrition (UCL-MEDC0033)||2|
|Elective Courses (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
|NUTR605||Advanced Nutrition Counseling Techniques||3|
|NUTR625||Sport and Exercise Nutrition||3|
|NUTR630||Pediatric Diet Therapy||3|
|NUTR645||Advanced Nutrition and Chronic Diseases||3|
|Thesis (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|NUTR655||Thesis Research 1||9|
1 : The student may register 2 Credits per semester from Thesis Research (NUTR655) starting from the 2nd semester
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها