Master of Science in Space Science
The primary objective of the interdisciplinary Space Science MSc Program, offered in collaboration by the College of Science (COS), College of Engineering (COE), College of Humanities & Social Science (CHSS) and College of IT (CIT) at UAEU, with the support of National Space Science and Technology Center (NSSTC), is to serve as a thorough and effective academic exposure of Space Sciences and Technology for students aspiring to build careers in the space sector. Students as well as working professionals with a science or technology background and a passion for space science are invited to enrol in this interdisciplinary Space Science MSc program, which is offered as a full time program, featuring classroom lectures, labs, hands-on training, requiring students to complete 30 CH (including MSc thesis). It also includes a compulsory internship experience at space research institutes in the UAE. It has been conceived and designed to comprise course content covering various space-related disciplines to give students an extensive exposure to the broader domain of space science, allowing them to pursue their careers in space-related areas. The emphasis will be on science related themes (e.g. Space Physics, Planetary Sciences, Astronomy, Planetary Atmospheres etc.) but the program will also feature a technology component (Spacecraft Systems, GIS, Remote Sensing, Space Instrumentation etc.) to impart necessary knowledge of the tools, techniques and applications used to conduct space research.
- Serve the life‐long learning needs of the UAE’s space science sector and develop the graduate students' attitude to acquire further learning experiences and motivate them to get engaged in Ph.D. or advanced training programs.
- Provide efficient and productive educational environment to carry out fundamental and applied research to deal with national and international space science challenges.
- Strengthen the collaboration between UAE University and the national, regional and international stakeholders in the space sector.
- Enrich the community and industry with quality technical assistance and highly qualified national manpower to lead the national space development plans.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Develop thorough understanding and professional skills by making use of appropriate literature and research resources.
- Evaluate complex inter-disciplinary challenges to be resolved through space science and technology.
- Formulate and carry forward space science research and development by applying scientific principles in Space Sciences.
- Create innovative Space Systems solution through mission-specific projects.
- Compose scientific results in the form of research publications, presentations, thesis and reports.
- Design solutions to multi-faceted space science problems both systematically and analytically as part of a diverse team.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 30 hours
MSc Space Science Core Courses
MSc Space Science Elective Courses
|Compulsory MSc Research Thesis in a theme related to Space Science. (6 hours
|Mandatory internship at one of the space-related organizations. (0 hours
|PHYS650||Space Science Internship ||0|