Minor in Ecological and Environmental Biology
The minor serves to provide students with latest knowledge in environmental and ecological sciences and how to deal with current environmental problems.
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: None
- Targeted students: All students except those with a major in Biology.
- Develop appreciation to the vast and vital areas in ecology.
- Familiarize students with the interaction of physical and biological components of the environment and how each component influences the other.
- Explore the diversity of organisms globally and locally, and the adaptations of selected groups.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the importance of biodiversity for ecosystem functioning.
- Describe and assess the human impact on the environment.
- Describe ecological principles as a tool to solve environmental problems.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 18 hours