FIELD EXPERIENCE OFFICE
Welcome to the Field Experience Office website!
The Field Experience Office (FEO) at the College of Education oversees school-based clinical experiences for candidate students under the guidance of expert faculty members and field professionals. To ensure candidates experience successful, positive, practical, and diverse field experiences throughout the program, the FEO supports students before, during, and after student teaching while providing opportunities to observe, interact and teach in authentic settings to develop knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to enter the education profession as highly effective and enthusiastic teachers.
Registered Students Clinical Schools Cooperative Teachers Faculty Supervisors
The FEO, the Teacher Education Committee (TEC), the university supervisors, along with other community agencies and in consultation with our partner institutions, monitor all functions and activities related to early field experiences including:
Managing the online registration of Professional Experience.
Ensuring all learning goals are communicated.
Securing documentation for licensure.
Coordinating with selected schools and on-site cooperative teachers to supervise all relevant activities and processes (e.g. create placements, school visits, class observations, evaluations).
Supervising student teaching on campus facilities (ECE Lab, Special Ed Lab & Physical Ed Lab).
Conducting preparation workshops, professional trainings, and events (e.g. annual Meydan Forum) before and during the training program. These are tailored to meet the specific needs and requirements of the participants whether students, principals, or teachers.
Developing and maintain partnerships with stakeholders and schools across the different districts.
Managing the online field experience platform (under development).
Collecting and analyzing data to maintain evidence and support program continuous improvement (e.g. digital portfolios).
The Field Experience Office plan for the placement of candidates is designed to ensure candidates are exposed to diverse settings and experience multiple environments in which they carry out a variety of course-related activities. Students are distributed across partner schools under eight education zones in the UAE, and across the different regions of the Emirates. These schools reflect diverse geographical locations – rural and urban – and provide candidates the opportunity to work with diverse students including boys and girls of varying academic levels, ethnicities and languages of instruction. Partner schools include students with special needs. A new FEO framework also targets having international experiences and considers collaboration with multicultural private schools.
Pre-requisites: Candidates in Elementary Education, Special Education, and Early Childhood Education Programs are admitted to Student Teaching (Clinical Practice/Internship) when they meet the following conditions:
- Completion of 114 credit hours including college core courses, professional courses, and specialization courses.
- Obtaining a minimum accumulative average grade point of 2.0.
- Passing Basic Skill Test
- Passing Content Exam
The sequence of field experiences
Field experiences allow students to develop the knowledge, attitude and skills that enable them to assume full responsibility for a classroom instruction. Along the program, students move through three phases:
The introductory and advanced (choosing to become a teacher)
This stage is characterized by the student’s choosing to become a teacher based on observation and reflection opportunities in K-12 settings and a learning community in university courses.
learning and commitment (learning to become a teacher)
Gives students the opportunities to practice various aspects related to teaching in a diverse learning, such as lesson planning, teaching small groups or micro-teaching. Phase II of teacher education.
The implementation and evaluation (becoming a teacher).
Gives student teachers the opportunity to work with outstanding school teachers in a cooperative relationship to test their teaching skills, in an active classroom and with students, as well as to strengthen any realized weakness.
- Ministry of Education (MoE)
- Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK)
- Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood
- Abu Dhabi Early Childhood Authority
- Zayed Higher Organization for People of Determination
- Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation for Distinguished Academic Performance
- Emirates National Schools
- Fatima Bin Mubarak Research Center for Motherhood and Childhood
- Khalifa Award for Education
- Altaqwa KG
- Al Khleef KG
- Zaker KG
- Al Durrah KG
- Al Jimi KG
- Al Diwan KG
- Al Sho’aa KG
- Al Towayya KG
- Al Nakheel KG
- Tifl Al Emarat KG
- Um Ghafa KG
- Al Tomooh KG
- Al Quaa KG
- Al Jahili School
- Al Raqiah School
- Al Ref'ah School
- Al Ghaith School
- Al Tomooh School
- Al Ma'ali School
- Al Hemmah School
- Um Al Emarat School
- Hessa Bint Mohammad School
- Shamma Bint Mohammad School
- Atikah Bint Abdel Muttalib School
- Muraijib School
- Makkah School
- Ahmed Bin Zayed School
- AL shaheen school
- Aljood school
- Al saada school
- Mohammed Bin Khaled School
- Al Naseem School
- Mezyad School
- Al Danat School
- Al Ataa School
- Sheikha Bint Suroor School
- Maryam Bint Sultan School
- Abu Krayyah School
- Neima School
- Emirates National school
- Registration for the practical education course takes place during the early registration period, that is, in the semester that precedes the semester of practical education.
- Once the student registered on the practical education course, he/she can’t drop the course due to arrangements that will have been made (such as agreements with clinical schools, mentors, cooperating teachers and university faculty).
- Registration must be done in the appropriate major of the student's specialization.
- Submit a copy of the academic record listing all the courses that have been completed during the previous semesters before obtaining the signature of the supervisor.
- Fill out the initial registration form for practical education before the practical training semester.
- Fill out the clinical school selection form during the early registration period and submit it to the Field Experiences Office.
Field Experience Office
College of Education, UAEU
C1 Building, Office Number 2010
|Amina Saeed AlHadrami||Senior Administrator||Aminah@uaeu.ac.ae||03-7136232|
|Muzoun Obaid Almaani||Project Coordinator||FEO.CEDU@uaeu.ac.ae||03-7134380|
Student are required to submit the following documents two months earlier to the field experience coordinator,
- Introductory statement form
- Passport copy
- Emiratis ID copy
- Passport photo
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها