Master of Education
The UAEU Master of Education (MEd) Program is practice oriented, with the primary focus on developing the knowledge, skills, and practice of graduate students. The program is designed for those with a background in education, such as graduates of education programs, school teachers, principals, and other professionals working in educational or early childhood settings who are eager to pursue graduate studies to improve their performance. It focuses on preparing educational practitioners and leaders who will engage in enhanced practice, curriculum development, decision-making, and community outreach. The program is based on the best international standards, which will help in facilitating the continuous improvement of education in the United Arab Emirates. The MEd program offers four concentrations: Early Childhood Education; Educational Leadership; Special Education; and Curriculum and Instruction, within which there are five tracks: English, Arabic, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
The United Arab Emirates University's College of Education is considered a pioneer in the Middle East in Teacher Education preparation, demonstrated by its attainment of international recognition and accreditation from the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) in 2020. All concentrations and tracks of the program are benchmarked alongside international standards and are fully accredited.
- Acquire advanced knowledge of educational theory, research, and skills related to the area of specialization.
- Enhance ability to incorporate theory and research into practice related to the area of specialization.
- Become a reflective practitioner within the area of specialization.
- Become an educational leader and promotes the success of students by advocating, nurturing, and sustaining a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning.
- Enhance ability to use problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities to develop, implement, and evaluate collaborative teaching and learning activities.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply advanced knowledge and skills necessary in their area of specialization.
- Create a responsive learning environment in which equal treatment, fairness, and respect for diversity are sustained.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to improve programs, services, and outcomes for students and their families.
- Use quantitative and qualitative research methods that enhance teaching and learning practices and/or school operations.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities in the profession.
- Integrate ICT (Information and Communication Technology) into teaching and learning and/or school operations.
- Use effective communication skills to manage the complexities of teaching for learning in diverse educational settings.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 36 hours
College of Education
Curriculum and Instruction Concentration
Educational Leadership Concentration
Special Education Concentration
Early Childhood Education Concentration