Minor in Creative and Professional Writing in English
Technical and Professional Writing is part of our effort to collapse the better and more relevant aspects of the Writing Minor into the Language Minor (see proposed amendments to the Minor below). The idea is to help springboard students into professional life in ways that enhance verbal and text-based literacies and prepare them for the kinds of discursive and communicative acts they will likely encounter in their professions. The requirement of two 400-level courses in a Minor was, we felt, off-putting to potential Minors. 450 and 452 will stand as options to each other in the Minor—while both include elements of both textual and verbal literacy, each has its own focus, which allows students to choose this vital 400-level requirement according to their interests or strengths.
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: Approval of department chair
- Targeted students: All students except English Literature and Translation Studies
- Develop fiction/non-fiction writing and publication skills.
- Develop language editing skills to a professional standard.
- Apply electronic publishing skills.
- Apply effective group management skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Produce English texts consistent with professional requirements.
- Edit English texts to conform to professional requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of electronic publishing techniques.
- Collaborate with others to produce electronic publications.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 0 hours
Creative and Professional Writing in English
|Required Courses (18 hours )||Credit Hours|
|EWR215||Advanced Composition TA||3|
|EWR390||Creative Writing Fiction||3|
|EWR395||Tech & Prof Writing TA||3|
|DRA370||Playwriting & Performance in Arabic 1||3|
|MSC235||Principles of the Writing for Media||3|
|EWR380||Creative Writing Non-fiction 2||3|
1 : Take only one
2 : Take only one
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها