Employee Services Section
The Employee Services Unit team assists the UAEU community with benefits enrollment
and administration to variety of services such as the free healthcare plan, accommodation
arrangements, and residence permits through the following respective sections:
Health Insurance Unit
The Health Insurance Section is responsible for organizing the medical insurance coverage
for employees of UAEU and their families. In addition, the Health Insurance Section
assists employees to process medical reimbursement claims for themselves and their
Employees and their families are required by law to acquire and maintain proper immigration
documentation to work and reside within the UAE. The Employee Service Immigration
personnel provide services to assist employees and their families to obtain the necessary
employment, residence and sponsorship visas, to renew those visas upon expiration,
and to cancel visas upon leaving the country.
The costs related to visas are the responsibility of the employer (UAEU) and employee,
as stated here on.
- The employer (UAEU) bears the following costs:
- Employment medical checkup screening.
- Employment entry and residence permit.
- Renewal of residence permits for the employee and his eligible dependents.
- Issuance and renewal of residence permits for scholarship students only.
- The employee bear the below costs related to immigration:
- Issuance and renewal of emirates identity cards.
- Issuance of entry permit and new residence permit for the employee s family.
- Medical checkup screening for renewal of residence permit.
Some employees are provided with unfurnished accommodation, depending upon the polices
and individual employment contracts. Although the housing is at no cost to the employee,
the employee is responsible for utilities, window coverings and home furnishings. The
University does not own housing units, but leases units from landlords. It is the
responsibility of the University to maintain and pay the lease, and it is the responsibility
of the employee to work with their landlord to arrange for housing maintenance. It
is also the responsibility of the landlord to perform reasonable maintenance.