Minor in Entrepreneurship
This Minor functions as an introduction to the various functional areas of business, allowing students from across all university Colleges to learn how to apply their various skills to a business setting, and develop a business idea. It is an 18 credit hour program consisting of two components. Firstly, students will be required to complete two 3 credit hour General Education courses: (1) GEIE 222 Fundamentals of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (or equivalent for Colleges of IT and Agriculture): and (2) GEIT112 Fourth Industrial Revolution; both of which must be passed with a minimum grade of B and include English language labs. The second component is a 12-credit hour progressive course, ENTR415 “Developing an Entrepreneurial Venture”. In this course, students will learn the processes involved in creating an innovative business. They will achieve this through a series of intensive design sessions, ending with a Demo Day.
- Completed 30+ credit hours
- GPA 2.5+
- Req.: Min. grade of B in GEIE222 (or ITBP418 or AGRB 352) & GEIT112
- Targeted students: All, except concentration in Entrepreneurship
- To educate students about the potential strategy for planning and starting businesses on their own or helping corporations/organizations to come up with innovative products/ services, processes and business models.
- To enable the students to view their chosen profession from a different perspective which is in tune with national aspirations.
- To provide the students with requisite tools to create a new business or add value to an existing organization.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of key concepts to launch a new venture.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize a business opportunity.
- Analyze issues related to start-ups and make informed decisions to arrive at reasoned conclusions when appropriate.
- Develop analytical thinking skills to generate innovative solutions for business problems.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 18 hours