Bachelor of Arts in Visual Studies and Creative Industries
The BA in Visual Studies and Creative Industries mixes lecture and studio classes to gain a wider understanding and appreciation of the background, situation and frontiers of visual culture and its regional and global social and economic impact. Visual studies lecture courses provide exposure to great traditions of Islamic, Eastern, African, Western and local culture. In addition, students will gain valuable knowledge of cross-cultural and multi-curricular ideas and values and how these can be communicated in professional settings. Visual studies studio classes provide hands-on training in the production of fine art, analog & digital artifacts. Employment opportunities after completion include graphic design, web design, industrial design, and creative entrepreneurship, as well museum administration and arts management.
- Prepare graduates to be pioneers and leaders in their areas of specialization
- Develop scientific research capacity and innovation in areas of regional and national importance
- Achieve academic excellence in accordance with academic accreditation and institutional accreditation standards
- Promote the University’s role in the transfer of knowledge and skills to serve the society
- Ensure that administrative services are provided with a high standard of quality, efficiency and transparency
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain the visual world and the art it produces in various cultural contexts.
- Analyze, verbally and in writing, a variety of visual objects in their proper cultural and historical contexts.
- Create visual objects using various media, such as drawing, painting, photography, graphic and 3D design/Sculpture.
- Assess the interface between visual culture and society from the classical to contemporary period.
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary visual art practice.
- Contribute to artistic concepts in various sub-fields of visual studies and creative industries
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 120 hours
General Education (Req. CH:33)
Cluster 1: Skills for the Future (Req. Ch:15)
Cluster 2: The Human Community (Req. Ch:12)
Cluster 3: The Natural World (Req. Ch:6)
Required Major Courses (Req. CH: 60)
Elective Courses (21 CH)
Free Electives (Req. CH:6)
|Free Electives (6 hours