Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
The Department of Political Science offers a B.A. program in political science. Students can choose to concentrate their studies in International Politics and Political Systems or in Public Policy and Administration. The structure of the program provides students with the theory and practice that enable them to explore the subdivisions of the discipline: Political Thought, Comparative Politics, International Relations, and Public Policy. The program offers students quality education that provides them with the required knowledge and skills to lead them to exciting careers in federal and local government, research centers, international organizations, and media, or to pursue graduate studies in political science.
- Provide students with solid knowledge in the field of political science.
- Equip students with competencies necessary for successful careers in politics.
- Prepare students to pursue graduate studies in political science.
- Foster responsible citizenship.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Define political science concepts.
- Explicate major theories of various subfields of political science.
- Identify essential political processes, institutions, actors, behaviors, and ideas that shape national and international contexts.
- Apply ethical reasoning in relation to political science issues.
- Employ qualitative and quantitative research methods in political science analysis.
- Analyze public policy issues both independently and in a team
- Communicate descriptive and analytical knowledge effectively in written and oral format to various audiences
- Discuss the political and administrative systems of the UAE, as well as its developmental achievements
- Demonstrate preparedness for continued reflective practice and lifelong learning.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 120 hours
General Education (Req. Ch:33)
Cluster 1: Skills for the Future (Req. Ch:15)
Cluster 2: The Human Community (Req. Ch:12)
Cluster 3: The Natural World (Req. Ch:6)
Political Science Major (Req. Ch: 45)
Concentration Requirements (Req CH:18)
|Students should take one of the following concentrations: (18 hours
1: International Politics and Political Systems Concentration (Req. CH:18)
2: Government, Policy and Administration Concentration (Req. CH:18)
Minors (Req. CH: 36)
|Minor (1) (18 hours
(Students can either take Minor (2) or 18 credit hours from any free elective courses.) (18 hours
Free Electives (Req. CH: 6)
|Free Electives (6 hours