Bachelor of Law
The Bachelor of Law program is designed to provide comprehensive legal education for students interested in the legal profession. Students study several law courses covering public and private law disciplines. As a result, the program provides them with accurate knowledge about the basic concepts and rules of law, with special focus on UAE laws, the accurate way to apply laws and regulations on facts, the interpretation of law provisions according to pre-defined interpretation rules, the comparison between legislative rules and the jurisprudence, as well as judicial trends. Furthermore, the program addresses legal writing skills to enable the students to write memorials and other legal documents efficiently and correctly. Students draw valuable lessons from the practical training offered through the educational courts based in male and female campus. The COL adopts educational court as an essential part of the educational process; which provides great opportunity for students to link theoretical and practical aspects of law study. The College of Law prides itself with its numerous partnerships with local and federal institutions, as well as international law firms, where the students are provided hands-on experience combining theoretical and practical aspects of education.
- Build and develop a solid scientific base of knowledge in all areas of public and private law among the students.
- Create and enhance the professional practical aspect of the theoretical knowledge gained by students.
- Enable students to conduct legal research in accordance with well-established scientific research methodologies.
- Enable students to acquire professional skills and to efficiently use them in order to enhance their professional performance.
- Develop the ethical aspects of students’ unique personality which are necessary for the exercise of the legal profession.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain the concepts and rules of law, Especially the UAE law.
- Apply legal rules to the actual facts in a correct manner.
- Interpret legal provisions in accordance with well-established rules of interpretation.
- Conduct a scientific research in accordance with legal research methodologies.
- Formulate memorandums and judicial decisions in a clear and correct language.
- Deliver speeches to audience fluently and with proper language.
- Use information technology accurately and efficiently in undertaking various duties.
- Demonstrate self-management and independent learning skills with regard to the field of law.
- Lead a team positively.
- Comply with professional and ethical rules in performing the required tasks.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 130 hours
General Education (Req. CH:33) Cluster 1: Skills for the Future (Req. Ch:15)
|Area 1: Innovation and Entrepreneurship (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|GEIE222||Fundamentals of Innovation and Entrepreneurship||3|
|Area 2: English Communication (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ESPU1052||English for Law I||3|
|Area 3: Fourth Industrial Revolution (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|GEIT112||Fourth Industrial Revolution||3|
|Area 4: Critical Thinking (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|LAW115||Legal Research Methodology 1||3|
1 : Also counts towards the Major
|Area 5: Quantitative Reasoning (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|MATH120||Contemporary Applications of Math||3|
|STAT101||Statistics in the Modern World||3|
Cluster 2: The Human Community (Req. Ch:12)
|Area 1: Humanities and Fine Arts (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|SHAR112||Introduction to Islamic Law and its Sources 2||3|
2 : Also counts towards the Major
|Area 2: Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|SHAR204||Personal Status ( Marriage and Divorce ) 3||3|
3 : Also counts towards the Major
|Area 3: Emirates Society (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Area 4: Islamic Culture (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ISLM101||Biography of the Prophet "Sira"||3|
Cluster 3: The Natural World (Req. Ch: 6)
|Area 1: Natural Sciences (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ARAG205||Introduction to Fish & Animal Science||3|
|BION100||Biology and its Modern Application||3|
|CHEM181||Chemistry in the Modern World||3|
|FDSC250||Contemporary Food Science & Nutrition||3|
|PHED201||Physical Fitness and Wellness||3|
|VMED110||Introduction to Veterinary Medicine||3|
|Area 2: Sustainability (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
Part 1: Major Requirements (97 Cr. Hrs)
Part 2: Elective Courses (9 Cr. Hrs)
|Arabic Group ((6 Cr. Hrs) Students should take two courses from the list below (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PRVT201||Consumer Protection Law||3|
|PUBL306||Penal Law (Specific) 2 "Emerging Crimes"||3|
|PUBL401||International Human Rights Law||3|
|PRVT339||Commercial Arbitration Law||3|
|SHAR212||Rules of Jurisprudence||3|
|English Group (3 Cr. Hrs) Students Should take one course from the list below (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ECON110||Principles of Economics||3|
Part 3: Training
|Required Courses (4 hours )||Credit Hours|
|LAW440||External Training 4||1|
4 : The internship is conducted over 6 weeks in any of last year semesters (including Summer). No courses are allowed to be registered during the internship
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها