Bachelor of Education in Health and Physical Education
The Department of Physical Education at UAEU is committed to preparing students as successful teachers of health and physical education for all grades (K-12). Through their training in this program, students will make a valuable contribution to their society by serving as role models and lifestyle educators. Students will develop many competencies in a variety of movement skills, and in physical fitness as well as being capable of analyzing, synthesizing, and applying scientific knowledge to the practice of health and physical education. The Bachelor of Education in Health and Physical Education (HPE) at United Arab Emirates University can achieve this by enhancing the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of undergraduate HPE students.
- Teachers who possess and apply scientific knowledge in their area of specialization.
- Highly-qualified HPE teachers to meet both the Ministry of Education and Abu-Dhabi Education Council needs and requirements.
- HPE graduates who actively participate in various community health and physical activity programs.
- HPE teachers who can serve as role models and demonstrate knowledge of health, physical education, and wellness.
- Teachers who enthusiastically develop and execute research using various assessment methods that are technology-based to effectively measure and investigate health and wellness of individuals and society.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Recognizing and locating major concepts, theories, and research in the field of HPE (ILOs 3 and 1, CF 2, NASPE Standard 1, and AAHE 1).
- Understanding the structure and functions of body systems during physical exercise (ILO 1, CF 2, NASPE Standard 1, and AAHE 1).
- Critically analyzing various technology applications in HPE settings to enhance teaching, learning, and professional growth (ILO 5, CF 7).
- Using various assessment techniques in HPE settings and research. (ILOs 2, 4, Skill: QFE).
- Demonstrating competence in physical fitness and movement skills which can be effectively utilized in teaching (ILO 1, CF 5, and NASPE Standard 3).
- Recognizing individuals with different abilities and understanding the impact of such differences on teaching and learning (ILO 1, CF 3, NASPE Standard 3, and AAHE 4).
- Collaborating and communicating effectively with peers and students in school and community settings (ILO 6, CF 6, NASPE Standard 3 Advanced, and AAHE 7 & 8).
- Developing creative and effective approaches to manage HPE classroom settings (ILO 5, CF 8, NASPE Standard 6, and AAHE 8).
Required Credit Hours : minimum 126 hours
I - General Education (Req. CH:33) Cluster 1: Skills for the Future (Req. Ch:15)
|Area 1: Innovation and Entrepreneurship (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|GEIE222||Fundamentals of Innovation and Entrepreneurship||3|
|Area 2: English Communication (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ESPU103||Introduction to Academic English For Education||3|
|Area 3: Fourth Industrial Revolution (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|GEIT112||Fourth Industrial Revolution||3|
|Area 4: Critical Thinking (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Area 5: Quantitative Reasoning (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|STAT101||Statistics in the Modern World||3|
Cluster 2: The Human Community (Req. Ch:12)
|Area 1: Humanities and Fine Arts (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|HSR120||Introduction to Heritage & Culture||3|
|HSR130||Introduction to Language & Communication||3|
|PHI101||Introduction to Philosophy||3|
|ARCH366||History and Theories of Contemporary Architecture||3|
|Area 2: Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PSYC313||Educational Psychology 1||3|
1 : Also counts toward the Major
|Area 3: Emirates Society (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Area 4: Islamic Culture (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ISLM101||Biography of the Prophet "Sira"||3|
Cluster 3: The Natural World (Req. Ch: 6)
|Area 1: Natural Sciences (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ARAG205||Introduction to Fish & Animal Science||3|
|BION100||Biology and its Modern Application||3|
|CHEM181||Chemistry in the Modern World||3|
|FDSC250||Contemporary Food Science & Nutrition||3|
|PHED201||Physical Fitness and Wellness||3|
|Area 2: Sustainability (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
II - Professional Requirements (Req: CH:51)
|A - Compulsory Professional Requirements (39 hours )||Credit Hours|
|FOED102||Professional Ethics in Education||3|
|PHED200||Foundations of Health and Physical Education||3|
|PHED205||Adapted Physical Education||3|
|PHED206||School and Community Health||3|
|PHED305||Health and Physical Education Curriculum||3|
|PHED310||Health and PE Teaching Methods for Elementary Education||3|
|PHED312||Evaluation and Assessment in Health and Physical Education||3|
|PHED401||Health and PE Teaching Methods for Secondary Education||3|
|B - Elective Professional Requirements (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PHED311||Health & Movement||3|
|SPED321||Gifted and Talented||3|
|C - Field Experiences (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PHED409||Student Teaching in Health and Physical Education 2||9|
2 : The internship is conducted in the last semester. Capstone Course PHED 408 (3 Cr. Hrs.) should be taken during the internship semester
III - Academic Major Requirements (Req. CH:42)
|A - Academic Major Requirements (39 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PHED204||Human Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|PHED209||Track and Field||2|
|PHED302||Physical Fitness Conditioning||3|
|PHED306||Personal Health and Wellness||3|
|PHED308||CPR and First Aid||3|
|PHED309||Individual and Dual Sports||2|
|PHED315||Child and Health Development||3|
|PHED407||Health, Physical Activity, and Nutrition||3|
|PHED408||Capstone Experiences in Health and Physical Education||3|
|B - Elective Major Requirements (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PHED404||Techniques of Coaching||3|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها